Main Menu

XBox vs PS2

Started by Mr. Analog, April 05, 2005, 09:55:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Analog

If the XBox 2 isn't backward compaitble it will FAIL!

EVIL!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

I disagree, as I know I haven't put any of my playstation games into my PS2, nor have I played my PS1 since I got my xbox.  I think its over-rated for the North American market (not so sure about the overseas markets).

Its a bonus feature for me, but not one that would sway my decision in purchase either way, even if in my mind the two consoles I was comparing were identical in every other way.  Its just not important to me at all.  If I really want to play my old games, I'll just use my old system.
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Mr. Analog

Meh, then again, I don't see much of a point to buying an XBox in the first place (lack of titles).
By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

Lack of titles used to be an issue... but take a look in EB now... almost equal shelf space is given to XBox as PS2 games.  Heck my game list alone should be enough to change that statement.

Mr. Analog

• Lots of games I could care less about.
  • I bought all my games, strengthening Sony's distribution, 3rd party licensee's, SCEA etc, etc.
QuoteI don't see much of a point to buying an XBox

To each his own I always say.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

Quote from: "Mr. Analog"

• Lots of games I could care less about.
  • I bought all my games, strengthening Sony's distribution, 3rd party licensee's, SCEA etc, etc.
QuoteI don't see much of a point to buying an XBox

To each his own I always say.
Ouch goes from a discussion to personal in one heart beat.  Aye I'll bow out of the flame war before it begins. :P

Mr. Analog

Quote from: "Melbosa"but take a look in EB now... almost equal shelf space is given to XBox as PS2 games.
The downtown EB has:

1 shelf for current XBox
2 shelves for pre-played XBox
1 shelf for current GameCube
1 shelf for pre-plaed GameCube
2 shelves for current PS2
4 shelves for pre-played PS2
1/2 shelf for PSX

2 shelves for Nintendo portables
1 shelf for PSP
5 shelves for "older" PC
1 shelf for new PC

If the loadout of merchandise at EB Games is different at each store then it would make statements of market share compared to EB shelf space irrelevant anyway.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Mr. Analog

What!?! Dude, you made it personal:
QUOTE (Melbosa)
I disagree, as I know I haven't put any of my playstation games into my PS2, nor have I played my PS1 since I got my xbox. I think its over-rated for the North American market (not so sure about the overseas markets).[/quote]
By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

Quote from: "Mr. Analog"What!?! Dude, you made it personal:
QUOTE (Melbosa)
I disagree, as I know I haven't put any of my playstation games into my PS2, nor have I played my PS1 since I got my xbox. I think its over-rated for the North American market (not so sure about the overseas markets).[/quote]
Ummm disagreeing is not making it personal elevation of one above another.  I disagreed and then put out why I disagreed.  I never said your view point was of lesser value than mine, nor implied that your actions/choices were wrong in anyway, just I that I had a difference in my opinion.  What a world it would be if we all thought the same.

But this is a discussion for off the boards if truely you wish to continue.

Mr. Analog

Quote from: "Melbosa"
Quote from: "Mr. Analog"What!?! Dude, you made it personal:
QUOTE (Melbosa)
I disagree, as I know I haven't put any of my playstation games into my PS2, nor have I played my PS1 since I got my xbox. I think its over-rated for the North American market (not so sure about the overseas markets).Ummm disagreeing is not making it personal elevation of one above another.  I disagreed and then put out why I disagreed.  I never said your view point was of lesser value than mine, nor implied that your actions/choices were wrong in anyway, just I that I had a difference in my opinion.  What a world it would be if we all thought the same.

But this is a discussion for off the boards if truely you wish to continue. [/quote]
Wait a minute, so when you disagree with my points it's completely objective but when I do it's a personal attack / flame war?

QUOTE (Exhibit A)
Ouch goes from a discussion to personal in one heart beat. Aye I'll bow out of the flame war before it begins.[/quote]
What then was this? A joke? 'Cause to me it sounded like you having a problem with what I was saying.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

You tell me the difference between these two sentences and then see what I saw. This will be my last response on this matter:

QuoteI bought all my games, strengthening Sony's distribution, 3rd party licensee's, SCEA etc, etc.

vs

QuoteI bought all my games, strengthening Sony's distribution, 3rd party licensee's, SCEA etc, etc.

Not that the statement is false or directing, but the implied message can be taken degradingly.

But I know you didn't intend this, hense my :P in that post to indicated I took it light hearted.

Peace out...

Mr. Analog

Your statement:

QuoteOuch goes from a discussion to personal in one heart beat. Aye I'll bow out of the flame war before it begins.
Set me off, which is why I'm pissed now;  BUT

I do know that I paid for all my games and I know that a large segment of XBox users do not. Did I put your name there? Nope. I didn't target you, I don't think I even implied you (I would have just said so).

Do you honestly take offence to the implication that you pirate XBox games?
By Grabthar's Hammer

Shayne

PS3 will out sell the Xbox2.  Thats a money in the bank prediction.

Backwards compatibility is a feature that i couldnt care less about (as i have an xbox and have no intention of boxing it up), and i find myself actually wanting more media PC out of this nextgen version.  If i can have a network aware dashboard to stream audio/video i will be sold on that console.

As for games, while i can agree their are far more PS2 games, their are also a lot more crap avaiable.  The killer apps on the PS2, much like the Xbox/GCN are few, and far between.  Since Halo2 i have not yearned for a single Xbox game.

Infact....i cant think of really any game in the near future that really gets me excited.