Fragapalooza 2019

Started by Melbosa, June 10, 2019, 04:35:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

Quote from: Melbosa on August 12, 2019, 04:42:26 PM
Quote from: Tom on August 12, 2019, 12:50:33 PM
Yup. It was a lot of fun!

I played the crap out of Surviving Mars.
I take it you like it? It is one of my favs.
Yeah, its a lot deeper than I expected. And failing a scenario didn't make me want to quit. My first one gave me one of the hardest "events". The pandemic. So difficult, especially if you miss the notification that you unlocked the research to make the cure till it got to pandemic levels..sigh. I ended up deciding that was a lost cause /after/ I cured the virus cause I was down to almost no money and like 6 colonists. The next try got me down to similar levels. I learned a lot those two playthroughs. Like how to easily track and deal with colonist happyness and sanity levels. My lord do they start dying off fast. I want to get back to my third try soon. But I also have this work project I REALLY want to get working ASAP. Fighting with intellij's crappily documented plugin api.

I agree with Ron. It was a great event. Nothing that went wrong (what little there was) effected me in the slightest! Hehehe.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Mr. Analog

I really can't overstate how much you guys did; ALSO I really appreciated the livestreams that @Suronal and CanadianRageBear did. It was great for me because I could really get into the action and both of them were real champs, casting nearly the whole event AND being funny as hell.

I learnt a few things too, like don't pick up missions in Wolfenstein Youngblood if they have a skull on them! I was getting super frustrated trying to do one of the 4 endgame missions (gee I wonder why). I was also super frustrated with Astroneer, I just don't know what to do in that game (sorry @Tom !) and found that the UI changes in the latest version were pretty tough for me to use

I also learnt that the "normal" difficulty setting in Street Fighter V is actually the "very easy" setting and that "Hard" is where the real challenge lies.

We Happy Few arcade mode is kinda fun too as long as you don't get the plague or aggro too many Wellies at the same time (I swear my first playthrough was a score of 970 and it was downhill after that)

I had tons of fun again this year and I'm lookin' forward to 2020, sad to see Sphinc going but he had an awesome run for many years. I hope you got some well needed rest @Melbosa you deserve it!

Oh yeah I lost my surge protector at Frag, no big deal but I feel like an idiot .... especially since I pulled the plug accidentally on @Tom (augh sorry man!!)

Good timez
By Grabthar's Hammer