Main Menu

Star Wars Andor

Started by Mr. Analog, September 22, 2022, 08:47:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Analog

I'm glad they released 3 episodes because I wasn't all that impressed with the first one but by the finale of the third I was right in it.

Looking forward to seeing more
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Yeah, it took a bit to catch me, too.  I'm all for more of those shows around smaller characters, though.  I also like all the little things in the background that help fill in how bad the Empire really was.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Thorin on September 23, 2022, 04:39:22 PMYeah, it took a bit to catch me, too.  I'm all for more of those shows around smaller characters, though.  I also like all the little things in the background that help fill in how bad the Empire really was.

Absolutely!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

I'm letting it build until its done, then will probably binge in a day.
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Melbosa on September 23, 2022, 05:56:58 PMI'm letting it build until its done, then will probably binge in a day.

Aww that means we have to keep this thread spoiler free for months!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Quote from: Mr. Analog on September 23, 2022, 06:11:01 PM
Quote from: Melbosa on September 23, 2022, 05:56:58 PMI'm letting it build until its done, then will probably binge in a day.

Post everything in the thread with the spoiler tags lol and Mel just needs to stay out of the thread and hope notifications don't leak details

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Lazybones on September 23, 2022, 07:22:01 PM
Quote from: Mr. Analog on September 23, 2022, 06:11:01 PM

Post everything in the thread with the spoiler tags lol and Mel just needs to stay out of the thread and hope notifications don't leak details

Hahahah fair enough
By Grabthar's Hammer

Mr. Analog

Spoiler
Episode 4 was interesting but also kinda frustrating. All the setup from the first three episodes seems to have been relegated to backstory and a whole new cast of characters has been introduced. I was kind of hoping they'd at least get to the raid by the end of the episode but when I looked at the remaining time during the planning meeting I realized that it wasn't going to happen. Now I don't mind an episode of a show that focuses on character building but after the first two episodes doing that same thing for throwaway characters leaves me wary of getting attached to any of the characters they bring on.

I expected more
[close]
By Grabthar's Hammer

Mr. Analog

Spoiler
Last couple of episodes have been a slow burn but really good I like where things are going
[close]
By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

So I've heard this show is very slow, but full of references/insiders for deep fans. While I don't know the character that well or his story, it probably will be just a bit slow for me if this holds true, but I am still going to watch it.  I think it is over by the end of the month? ( waiting for it to finish before watching )

Thorin

12 episodes total, the latest one was episode 7.  The larger number of episodes lets them develop the characters more, which I've been enjoying.  Lots of background to how the Empire was operating and how the rebellion took root and then expanded, and also why this great big terrible empire didn't even notice it at first.

I have found it slow at times, but then when the episode ends I'm like, "I could watch three more hours of this right now!"
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Melbosa

Ahh so probably by the end of November then

Mr. Analog

AAAAAAAAA I need to know what happens next!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Mr. Analog

Can I just come in here and say that Andor is probably my favourite Star Wars *anything* in a long time

It's refreshing to see an actually well told story, it makes Boba Fett and Obi-Wan look like a pile of puke.

I also liked Tales of the Jedi but man, it was too short and they should have gotten more into a certain bearded baddie (not going to say in case spoilers)
By Grabthar's Hammer

Mr. Analog

STAR WARS ANDOR FINALE HOLY @%&#
By Grabthar's Hammer