Atomic Heart

Started by Mr. Analog, February 21, 2023, 07:23:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Analog

This game looks pretty fun though its launch has been a little less than great. For one there's no FOV slider, so people with ultra widescreen monitors have been left feeling a bit queasy.

Also there's the complete lack of ray tracing, which was a big deal in the marketing, for PC at least:
https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/atomic-heart-ray-tracing-poster-child-wont-support-ray-tracing-for-pc-on-launch

Anyway, it looks like Sovietshock the game is doing pretty well otherwise. I'm going to wait until the price goes down and I've played through a few more games in my library before getting it.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

Its one I have been looking at. Its on XBGP, so I can play it now for no additional cost.  Will be trying over my vacay this week.
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Melbosa on February 21, 2023, 01:29:24 PMIts one I have been looking at. Its on XBGP, so I can play it now for no additional cost.  Will be trying over my vacay this week.

Let me know what it's like!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

Streamed the first 2.5h on FPEvents twitch channel Tuesday night. Some good humour. Its a cross between Fallout and Bioshock IMO.

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Melbosa on February 22, 2023, 12:24:41 AMStreamed the first 2.5h on FPEvents twitch channel Tuesday night. Some good humour. Its a cross between Fallout and Bioshock IMO.

Dammit! Guess I have to pick this one up
By Grabthar's Hammer

Mr. Analog

Well, I got fed up with the jank combat and installed a weapons mod to increase damage.

This game man, even on easy mode it knocks you around too much
By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

Yeah they did say it was more difficult than Fallout in that respect.

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Melbosa on March 17, 2023, 10:16:25 AMYeah they did say it was more difficult than Fallout in that respect.

It's just a bad time when you get swarmed. Anyway now all I have to contend with are stupid QTEs (seriously?  It's 2023!) And locks that require color vision...
By Grabthar's Hammer