FTB Server Status [UP]

Started by Tom, December 26, 2012, 07:18:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Mr. Analog

Question: is the Advanced Solar Panels IndustrialCraft? add-on installed?

I can't see the crafting instructions in NEI

It's not a big deal as I plan on making standard IC2 solar arrays but... still... can't stop thinking about it
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Mr. Analog

Two part question time!!

Q: before I craft one, are there any objections to Railcraft World Anchors being used in the Overworld?

I ask because Part 2 of my question here is ... I'm going to make a perpetual UU-Matter machine in the overworld.

With a macerator a couple automatic crafting tables, a recycler and a mass fabricator I can basically make unlimited UU-Matter.

The idea I have is set up the macerator to macerate blaze rods, send them to the automatic crafting table where they are combined with the minium stone to produce blaze rods send half to a bank of generators and the other half back to the macerator, the bank of generators will fill an MFSU, the MFSU will power the mass fabricator, I also have several stacks of Scrap.

IF they fix the blaze rod glitch I could switch to a tree farm to generate large quantities of charcoal with a fully heated induction furnace, but I figure I'll have enough HV solar arrays by the time they fix the glitch that it won't be a problem.

At any rate, once I get to the point where I can build up a decent number of HV solar arrays I won't even need the machine, just the fabricator and an MFSU (or two).

ALL THIS TO BRING SOLAR POWER TO THE MASSES

Now I have to work out prices... How do people feel about using IC coins?, IC coins is stupid (bad exchange rate from the galactical space superbank), maybe I'll just charge iron or UU-matter or something...
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

I can't see any objection to world anchors, actually I can't think of any dis-advantage to them unless you die in a chunk and loose your stuff there?

Mr. Analog

World anchors can bog down the server (or was that teleport pipes and world anchors?)

I think anyway, from Tekkit
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Quote from: Mr. Analog on January 03, 2013, 09:34:13 AM
World anchors can bog down the server (or was that teleport pipes and world anchors?)

I think anyway, from Tekkit

I think that is why FTB includes the ChickenChunks mod

http://feed-the-beast.wikia.com/wiki/ChickenChunks

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/909223-145146-smp-chickenbones-mods/
So you've seen a few of these things around before, Teleport Pipes has one, Railcraft has two. Immibis has one. Here's a short feature list.

Features:

Will reload chunks after a server restart
    Works with frames
    100% not buggy guarantee (I'll fix it if you find a bug).
    External viewer for seeing the loaded chunks and making sure everything works.
    Server owners can set the number of loaded chunks per player, per dimenion and globally.
    Will load and unload mystcraft dimensions as needed.
    Server Operators can set them to only work when a player is online.

Mr. Analog

Sweet way more configurable than Railcraft (I won't have to make goggles now heh!)

I mean, I plan on getting into Railcraft as well, but less expensive and more... better!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Mr. Analog

Getting an error message:

"CAN'T REACH SERVER"

Edit: Connection to the vanilla Minecraft server seems fine.

And now it's up again?

Ok
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Quote from: Mr. Analog on January 03, 2013, 09:12:14 PM
Getting an error message:

"CAN'T REACH SERVER"

Edit: Connection to the vanilla Minecraft server seems fine.

And now it's up again?

Ok
I made a brief change to the config for Thermal Craft with its copper and tin ore generation. new chunks will all have more copper and tin. You just happened to connect at the exact moment I had the server down.

Lazybones

Damn, I am going to need to travel a long way from my current mine to hit a new chunk since I have mined in a strait line out in all directions already.

Mr. Analog

I think there's a way to set up semi-permanent portals with the Portal Gun mod isn't there?

That would reduce travel time
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Quote from: Mr. Analog on January 04, 2013, 07:28:32 AM
I think there's a way to set up semi-permanent portals with the Portal Gun mod isn't there?

You can also look into Mystcraft portals, and the interage linking books (as in jumping inside an age via a book).

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Tom on January 04, 2013, 07:53:11 AM

You can also look into Mystcraft portals, and the interage linking books (as in jumping inside an age via a book).

Yeah! I keep forgetting about mystcraft
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Quote from: Mr. Analog on January 04, 2013, 08:36:10 AM
Quote from: Tom on January 04, 2013, 07:53:11 AM

Yeah! I keep forgetting about mystcraft
And books are a LOT cheaper than the portalguns are now. Man...