FTB Server Status [UP]

Started by Tom, December 26, 2012, 07:18:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thorin

To deal with your withdrawal symptoms, build part of your planned Edge City suburbs :)
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Mr. Analog

Sure I'll just set up an automated tree far... dammit
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Can you do fully automated tree farms in FTB?
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Thorin on January 09, 2013, 10:06:38 AM
Can you do fully automated tree farms in FTB?

Yes, the Forestry mod is included.

I have built an arboretum and a logger to make wood for fuel and I was planning on building a second arboretum/logger (and an Automatic Treetap) with rubber trees so I could start mass producing copper cable.

I'm so close to getting all the stuff together I will need for a fully automated solar panel factory. I just have to sort out where I want raw material coming in then it's automatic crafting table time!

I also learnt about the Thermal expansion mod, which has some very interesting machines I want to play with. I might be able to save some space by using them for my house as well was switch to BuildCraft power for a few other things...
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

I want to play with the RP2 windmills and the RP2 BC engine, to power some of my TE stuff. Once its back up I'ma mess with that.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Mr. Analog

Also, I'm gonna get into Railcraft! (finally)
By Grabthar's Hammer

Mr. Analog

Urgh, I gotta stop reading the wiki...
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Well we know there is a giant red stone powered digging system with a computer and a chunkloader running on the server... I bet that has something to do with it..

FYI rail craft has its own TBM you can build (not as big).

I have also seen some posts from FTB server admins stating running it has HUGE memory costs.

Mr. Analog

I wish I had recorded it in operation now.

10 "blades" of block breakers going from bedrock to sea level carving a massive canyon!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Sev is pretty sure he turned it off.

No doubt that FTB has high memory costs, but it doesn't seem to matter how much I give it. Normally it was fine with 3GB, it'd use 1-2GB. I tried giving it 8GB and it still died.

Mr. Analog

Maybe Java isn't properly disposing memory

This is gonna sound screwed up but try giving it less memory.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Thorin

Hope you guys don't have to start over due to a giant machine crashing the game.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Thorin on January 10, 2013, 05:28:48 PM
Hope you guys don't have to start over due to a giant machine crashing the game.

Well, it wouldn't be SO bad, now that we have the ores tweaked. I'd hate to lose my build again but that's Minecraft for ya
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Sev took a look at his stuff today while I was trying to mess with it. His machine wasn't on, and he broke a bunch of his redpower sorters and stuff to pull out any backlog of items. Then we disabled a few chunk loaders before the server died. Nothing seemed to help.

I did try only giving it 1GB ram, and that just made it die faster.