FTB Server Status [UP]

Started by Tom, December 26, 2012, 07:18:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

Quote from: Mr. Analog on January 11, 2013, 11:18:57 AM
Quote from: Tom on January 11, 2013, 10:38:55 AM
Quote from: Mr. Analog on January 11, 2013, 09:52:03 AM
Server seems to be working fine now, though I did spawn in an empty "mining age" as that's where I logged out from, I hope that doesn't cause any issues.
Nah. Thats where I spawned as well :)

Quote from: Mr. Analog on January 11, 2013, 09:52:03 AM
Just a word to the wise, they changed how Redstone engines work, you can't connect them to conductive pipes anymore.
Even wooden conductive pipes? That seems a bit strange.

Ahh okay.

Yep, there was a change to redstone engines that makes it so they can only be hooked up directly to other machines, which kind of makes sense I guess, having large banks of redstone engines causes lag apparently.
Its more or less like the lag caused by redpower timers. they seem to all do some work every tick...
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Lazybones

The LAG and it was free energy where the reason red stone engines changed.

Why fuss with fuel when you could just make a pile of unlimited energy machines.

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Quote from: Mr. Analog on January 11, 2013, 01:24:29 PM
Pretty much yeah :)

The issue was also compounded by the remote energy mods available. I actually looked into a massive redstone generator at one point but without the energy transmitter it made no sense... It didn't put out enough power per size to power a sorting  / factory but it would have been a cheap way to remote power quarry...

Instead I went with a way to make my quarry power more portable.

Mr. Analog

That's basically what I was looking for as well, I wanted to hook up a bank of low power engines to a Thermal Expansion mod redstone storage cell and then teleport pipe out the juice where I needed it by remote control power switch pipes

Oh yeah, I ended up creating an infinite cobble generator, I'm vastly confused about how Thermal Expansion machines are supposed to work (or not) with redstone conduit

I just could not get a conduit to power a Magma Crucible, I had to jam a redstone energy cell right next to it.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Quote from: Tom on January 10, 2013, 07:50:55 PM
So I moved the forest resources age dir out of the way and restarted, and things seem to be fine.

I think ya'll get to spawn some expensive stuff in.

Did anyone other than Mr. A have substantial stuff in the overworld?

I had little more than a cave with a door in the over world.

Not that I had a lot in the mining age but this is where I spent all my time.

Tom

Quote from: Lazybones on January 11, 2013, 05:42:46 PM
Quote from: Tom on January 10, 2013, 07:50:55 PM
So I moved the forest resources age dir out of the way and restarted, and things seem to be fine.

I think ya'll get to spawn some expensive stuff in.

Did anyone other than Mr. A have substantial stuff in the overworld?

I had little more than a cave with a door in the over world.

Not that I had a lot in the mining age but this is where I spent all my time.
I have pretty much all of my stuff in the overworld. I built some shared stuff in the mining age, but my loot and main base are all in the overworld.

Mr. Analog

I think it's more than fair to give you OP powers to spawn in what you need to get started again.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Yeah, though he already has op.

Anyone that lost anything gets to spawn their stuff back in.

Lazybones

I had various chests of resources that i dont know the counts for so really I am just spawning in machines so far.

I got a quarry going and this time I'm just keeping everything in the over world instead of storing it in the resource world.

FYI NEI has some options when you give your self stuff

0 at the bottom o the screen = a stack
1-??? Give you just that many
If you shift click it gives you an unlimited amount.

I had to destroy things a few times after some accidental gives.

Lazybones

Tom

Doesn't seem like it.

That thread seems to be talking about client side crashes. It takes a long time for the server to die, it basically pulls the equivelent of a swap storm in the JVM's memory allocator. Or so it seems. like something is constantly creating and freeing a crap load of stuff, enough to hit the jvm max memory setting, and then something is also leaking a little bit, so things eventually just grind to a halt and die.

Mr. Analog

I'm pretty sure the problem was me looping things between dimensions with ender chests and transposers. It can cause lag issues from what I've read, so I got rid of all that nonsense.

I also started using void pipes for crap I don't want
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Quote from: Mr. Analog on January 13, 2013, 06:52:57 PM
I'm pretty sure the problem was me looping things between dimensions with ender chests and transposers. It can cause lag issues from what I've read, so I got rid of all that nonsense.

I also started using void pipes for crap I don't want
Hmm, Thats how I've been doing things. but not looping stuff. Basically just my turtles and now my quarry dumping stuff into a single enderchest.

I really don't have a good explanation for it. Other than some buggyness and maybe some abuse by the players (plural, I don't think it was caused by just one person messing about).

Mr. Analog

I had 4 ender chests, linked in twos, one was filled manually the other was on a near constant cycle, stuff would bounce back and forth from dimension to dimension, I think what made it worse was I was using linking books to bounce between them rapidly

Not sure if this all combined into one big problem or what but I notice no lag since I got rid of the recycling system, I void pipe common material now and produce cobblestone with a Igneous Extruder

No lag at all with that setup.
By Grabthar's Hammer