FTB Server Status [UP]

Started by Tom, December 26, 2012, 07:18:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Analog

A word to the wise there is a Wrench availabe in OmniTools (included in the Direwolf20 Pack) that basically works with EVERYTHING (RedPower, BuildCraft, RailCraft, etc)

No more making the wrong wrench!

...why are you looking at me like that

MY CODE'S COMPILING
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Quote from: Mr. Analog on January 14, 2013, 04:14:58 PM
A word to the wise there is a Wrench availabe in OmniTools (included in the Direwolf20 Pack) that basically works with EVERYTHING (RedPower, BuildCraft, RailCraft, etc)

No more making the wrong wrench!

...why are you looking at me like that

MY CODE'S COMPILING

I noticed it however I could not find any info on the chance to destroy IC2 machines.... I know the electric IC2 in loss-less mode is loss-less but not if this wrench is.

Lazybones

Mr. Analog

Checking the forums yields:

QuoteNo charge, no durability, and 100% dismantle chance, yes.

Source

The source is from one of the Thermal Expansion mod authors, KingLemmingCoFH
By Grabthar's Hammer

Mr. Analog

Woo busy day today, I built a blast furnace and a set of Quantum Armor!

The blast furnace was actually the hardest because it required magma cream and I could not find a fire slime to save my life HOWEVER I found out that there is a machine called a Crystallizer (from the Factorization mod) that can synthesize a slimeball with milk and lime dye, then using powdered blaze rods (of which I have significant amounts of) I could craft magma cream

The ONLY thing that sucked is getting started with the Factorization mod, I now know what lead, silver and sulfur are for. The tech tree is very different with this mod, you basically craft a fully charged battery and THEN you can build power if you need it, I kept looking for a basic generator and I couldn't find one, all the recipes I could find required a fully charged battery, THEN I found out when you craft a battery it comes fully charged (!?) which is kind of weird...

As well from what I can tell all the machines in Factorization pretty much do the same thing that the IC2 stuff does just way more expensive and convoluted.

Maybe I'll set up a little Factorization zone and set up more Crystallizers

OH YEAH, I found a spider dungeon, unfortunately I had run out of torches to I just killed the spawner.

I found a lot of weird stuff, including two records and some kind of weird logic controller?? I think it's from railcraft, but it's very strange...

I also found a saddle and some strange tree shrubs!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

I was going to try and finish up my engine room upgrade. But meh. woke up at noon, was out all afternoon, got home and had a headache... and getting somewhat tired (lotsa work, not so much sleep this week).
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Mr. Analog

Where did all the Nether Wart go?

I scoured the nether fortress (which is huge BTW) and found nothing, well, I found the spots where they should be but they've all been collected.

So does anyone have Nether Warts? Maybe I can start a farm or something.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Quote from: Mr. Analog on January 26, 2013, 01:14:31 AM
Where did all the Nether Wart go?

I scoured the nether fortress (which is huge BTW) and found nothing, well, I found the spots where they should be but they've all been collected.

So does anyone have Nether Warts? Maybe I can start a farm or something.
I took a bunch from one or two of the near by fortresses. I don't think I took it all, but I still have most of it. Feel free to take some :) In the chest to the left of the bed I think, if not, its the one on the right, I think.. one is a chest full of "living" types of items, and the other is just random misc crap.

Mr. Analog

Well, it's all gone now, I plan on building a nether wart farm.

HOWEVER I just tried to log in and found that I had updated my modpack, so ... I'm kind of stuck until I can roll back (or the server updates)
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Quote from: Mr. Analog on January 27, 2013, 12:27:40 PM
Well, it's all gone now, I plan on building a nether wart farm.

HOWEVER I just tried to log in and found that I had updated my modpack, so ... I'm kind of stuck until I can roll back (or the server updates)
Just select v3 from the drop down on the main screen of the launcher (they moved those settings, which is cool).

Mr. Analog

We're 2 versions behind already?
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Version 5 is not recommended at the moment, so we're only one version behind ;)

Mr. Analog

V3 keeps crashing on me so I can't recommend that either :)

Now no version is loading, for a mod loader FTB sucks ass
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

V3 works fine for me. Maybe something in your setup is broken? Maybe try moving the feedthebeast install folder out of the way (not sure where that's located on windows), which ever folder its installing its patched version of minecraft.

Mr. Analog

I've had to re-download everything.

As I said before, as a mod loader, FTB sucks ass.
By Grabthar's Hammer