Main Menu

Stolen Goods

Started by Thorin, August 30, 2012, 11:21:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aethun

Yeah, someone really did a number on my inn. I didn't check it out until now. Apart from the destruction and random mining, almost all my animals are gone, my enchantment room is completely destroyed and a lot of my stuff is stolen (my precious ore!). It's not all bad though, they left a bunch of flowers, seeds and flint in my donation box (it's probably my stuff heh).

Mr. Analog

Do you need any material back? I can log in after work today and help you out if you want?
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Aethun, the destruction is probably from the first creeper that found me and blew up when I was visiting your inn, and then from the second and third creepers that found me while I was trying to fix the damage from the first.

The missing stuff might've been taken by the players building just a little bit away from you, or could've been taken by the griefer(s).  One of those players is my daughter so I'll ask her and tell her to ask her friends, and explain that we're just trying to figure out where it went.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Mr. Analog

Either way let me know I may be recording video on our server tonight.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Quote from: Mr. Analog on October 16, 2012, 03:09:09 PM
:o ZOMG! Going to stream it? Or are you doing a more professional style edited video?
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Tom on October 16, 2012, 03:14:34 PM
:o ZOMG! Going to stream it? Or are you doing a more professional style edited video?

Just testing the water first, I want to see if I have everything set up properly first.

Then I'll see where I'm going from there :)
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Quote from: Mr. Analog on October 16, 2012, 03:16:48 PM

Just testing the water first, I want to see if I have everything set up properly first.

So here's a hypothetical question, if I were to join you, which one of us would be Simon? :o I'm honestly not sure.

aethun

It's no big deal really. I don't remember exactly what I had, but I think I had collected quite a lot of ore at least. I guess when I said I had abandoned the inn, I meant I wasn't going to expand on it and I didn't really care about the destruction the creeper's made, but I didn't mean the stuff was free for the taking if that is what happened. Sorry if that was vague.

I'm going to bed now, so I probably won't be on the server when you are.

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Tom on October 16, 2012, 03:17:44 PM

So here's a hypothetical question, if I were to join you, which one of us would be Simon? :o I'm honestly not sure.

Hahaha, well there would be the irrational run into a cave one and the EVEN MORE irrational jump into lava one

hahaha
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Quote from: Mr. Analog on October 16, 2012, 03:21:27 PM
Quote from: Tom on October 16, 2012, 03:17:44 PM

Hahaha, well there would be the irrational run into a cave one and the EVEN MORE irrational jump into lava one

hahaha
Sounds like a good time though. Let me know if you want me to show up. Having a bit of an off day anyhow, so not much work happening ;D (I really need to make sure I pick up my prescriptions before I run out, rather than several days after... >:(  )

Mr. Analog

Sure thing!

Also same, I've been without one of my meds for a few days now. In fact I should go to the drugstore tomorrow and pick 'em up

I've actually quite enjoyed doing YouTube vids so far for arty stuff, so it's natural that I'd want to show off some cool Minecraft things :).

I also found there are some really basic Tekkit things that, while there ARE tutorial videos there aren't many GOOD tutorial videos so I may do a few of those too :D

The main thing I have to figure out is if CamStudio will work with Minecraft or if I just have to upgrade to Fraps
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

I hear Fraps is better because the frame rate doesn't turn to coleslaw.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Thorin on October 16, 2012, 03:38:41 PM
I hear Fraps is better because the frame rate doesn't turn to coleslaw.

Once I figured out how to configure frame rates in CamStudio things got better. I know Fraps is better for framerate (especially in games) but if I want to go to the next level I may need to just get a dedicated capture card.

But we'll see what I can do with simple tools first.

Baby steps.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Mr. Analog

So I couldn't get CamStudio to play nice with a local setup (let alone server).

I'll try Fraps tomorrow I think :)
By Grabthar's Hammer

LennyLen

The griefers traveled quite extensively over the server.  They appear to have gone overland to my farm (takes a good half an hour at least), and from there they used my Netherrail to get to Nordvang.  They caused minor damage at the farm, and attempted to set loose all my animals, but luckily not many strayed.

They did more damage at Nordvang, and ruined some redstone circuitry it had taken me a while to set up.  It appears one of them fell from the top of the tower though, as I found their belongings in the lake below.