Minecraft Overviewer

Started by Thorin, March 28, 2012, 05:47:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LennyLen

The map still doesn't seem to be updating.

Tom

I'll try and figure it out, but as far as I could see it /should/ be updating every hour on the hour. The script runs, the backup happens, overviewer uses a crazy amount of cpu for a good 10 minutes... It's strange.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Thorin

Hmm, so I still see the glasses and bubble two days after the last post.  'taint working? :(  How will I find everyone's interesting builds now?!
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Tom

Sorry, I'll try and fix it soon.. I forgot about it this weekend.

LennyLen

The appears to not be updating again.

Tom

I'm not sure, people have been posting links of stuff that's pretty new.

Thorin

This is where Pants said he set up shop: http://mc.tomasu.org/#/-3800/64/5600/-4/0/0.  As you can see, the Overviewer map is not updated.  If you look on the new DynMap (http://tomasu.org:8123), you can clearly see that people have explored into an area that the Overviewer is not showing.  My giant room is also much deeper now than still being shown on Overviewer: http://mc.tomasu.org/#/1563/64/761/-1/0/1.

I think it quit working Saturday night or Sunday morning...
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Tom

Yeah, when I swapped over to bukkit. I forgot to point overviewer at the new folder. derp-a-herpy-derp.

Running a test gen now, hopefully with the POIs fixed as well.

Tom

The poi stuff changed a lot from the last major version, which explains the brokenness. Took a moment to fix, but a full map regen is going now, which will take quite some time.

2012-09-04 14:58:03  Rendering 346178 total tiles.
  1% [=                                                                                                                                              ] 4000 27.67t/s eta 03h 26m 08s

It may or may not actually take three hours. It'll probably come down as it goes. but it started much lower. So who knows.

Mr. Analog

Ah, I did notice signs were busted, hopefully this sorts it out.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Quote from: Mr. Analog on September 04, 2012, 03:17:00 PM
Ah, I did notice signs were busted, hopefully this sorts it out.
The sign issue was they changed the poi filter format. Instead of modifying the input, you return the output. Didn't realize that when I last upgraded it.

But yeah, everything should be better once it's done. Going to be using two cores for the next few hours ;D

Thorin

Please remember to post when it's done.  And thanks for fixing it.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Tom

Interesting fact, the old overviewer map was taking up 9GB disk space.

append: ran out of disk space. :-x deleted the old overviewer data.

Thorin

HOLY CARP that's a lot of map data!

I just looked at the map and my first thought was there's a lot of the map missing.  Then I realized it was all of the map below a certain line, so it must still be rendering.

Oh, and the Signs buttton is only appearing for the Overworld Caves view at the moment...
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Tom

Quote from: Thorin on September 04, 2012, 04:47:36 PM
HOLY CARP that's a lot of map data!

I just looked at the map and my first thought was there's a lot of the map missing.  Then I realized it was all of the map below a certain line, so it must still be rendering.

Oh, and the Signs buttton is only appearing for the Overworld Caves view at the moment...
I'm not sure if the poi stuff has been fully run yet. Probably not. if it has, then I just fscked up the config is all. That part of the generation is pretty quick so its ok.