Minecraft Overviewer

Started by Thorin, March 28, 2012, 05:47:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thorin

Has Overviewer ran since the last post where you said you had to start the cron job?  I made sure to force refresh in Chrome (Ctrl+R, and also tried Ctrl+F5), and it's not updated yet...
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Tom

It should be running. let me check.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Tom

It was indeed running, but dying part way through \o/ permissions were wrong on some of the rendered tiles, from when I was playing with it earlier, accidentally ran it as root rather than www-data.

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Awww, you took the floating platform out!  The radio transmitter looks nice, though.  I'm half expecting there to be a jukebox with a bunch of discs in there :)
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Thorin on September 06, 2012, 08:43:30 AM
Awww, you took the floating platform out!  The radio transmitter looks nice, though.  I'm half expecting there to be a jukebox with a bunch of discs in there :)

That platform was an eyesore AND a source of spawning mobs so it had to go (the portal that had once been there has been long gone anyway).

Ooh yeah, I could build another jukebox!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

There better be a kick ass note block based tracker in there.  >:(

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Tom on September 06, 2012, 11:53:10 AM
There better be a kick ass note block based tracker in there.  >:(

LOL
By Grabthar's Hammer

Mr. Analog

Overviewer isn't updating properly again and it makes me worry that all the stuff I built tonight is going to be gone again...

Please check to make sure the Mine craft and Tekkit server files are backed up plz :-)
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Quote from: Mr. Analog on October 20, 2012, 12:17:46 AM
Overviewer isn't updating properly again and it makes me worry that all the stuff I built tonight is going to be gone again...

Please check to make sure the Mine craft and Tekkit server files are backed up plz :-)
backups seem fine. files in the backup are marked as of (just) before the last backup. The next one will run in a few hours.

That said, / filled up. That's probably causing issues when writing to /var/www (which is where the map goes).

Tom

Check this @%&# out:

root@boris:/home/moose/minecraft-bukkit# du -chd1 /var/www/minecraft/
8.0K    /var/www/minecraft/survivalnether
4.6M    /var/www/minecraft/theend
5.3G    /var/www/minecraft/caves
242M    /var/www/minecraft/nether
12G     /var/www/minecraft/overworld
365M    /var/www/minecraft/nethercaves
8.0K    /var/www/minecraft/survivalday
18G     /var/www/minecraft/
18G     total

Thats Minecraft-Overviewer :)

I will need to increase the size of / soon I think. I deleted some random crap, so there's a bit of space for now. But its too late and I'm way too tired to fix this properly right now. Overviewer should update properly now. let me know if it doesn't.

I might just split off /var/www

append: something is also using up 3.5GB of /tmp which is actually a ramdisk :-x haven't figured out what yet though. Plenty of free ram though, so not a huge deal.

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

No wonder you don't want us to teleport all over the place making the map bigger, Tom.  I didn't realize this map is 18 gigs!

Mr. A., new stuff?  Where would that be? :)  Also, if Overviewer isn't working right, try whatever the other mapper is called at http://tomasu.org:8123/.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Thorin on October 20, 2012, 08:30:46 AM
Mr. A., new stuff?  Where would that be? :)  Also, if Overviewer isn't working right, try whatever the other mapper is called at http://tomasu.org:8123/.

Yep, over here: http://mc.tomasu.org/#/476/64/73/-2/0/0

I need to go into creative to design some nice looking houses first and then start building them in SMP :)
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Quote from: Thorin on October 20, 2012, 08:30:46 AM
No wonder you don't want us to teleport all over the place making the map bigger, Tom.  I didn't realize this map is 18 gigs!
One thing to keep in mind is that each zoom level is a different set of images.  And the larger zoom levels have larger tiles IIRC (or at the very least there will be many more tiles if they aren't individually larger). So there is a crap load of images.

Another reason for not teleporting around too much, or exploring way out there too much is that those chunks will never see any new (worldgen) stuff from new versions of minecraft. They are forever stuck at 1.2, and 1.3 unless I go around and manually delete chunks.