Clueless Gamer -- Conan plays SNEAK PEEK PRE-RELEASE Smash Bros for WiiU!

Started by Darren Dirt, June 13, 2014, 09:35:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darren Dirt

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Mr. Analog

Haha, saw this yesterday.

The Nintendo Hype Machine has been in full swing

The only thing that bugs me so far with this is that Nintendo is going to offer DLC in the form of physically connected dongles (kind of like Skylanders or Disney Infinity).
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Quote from: Mr. Analog on June 13, 2014, 09:38:35 AM
Haha, saw this yesterday.

The Nintendo Hype Machine has been in full swing

The only thing that bugs me so far with this is that Nintendo is going to offer DLC in the form of physically connected dongles (kind of like Skylanders or Disney Infinity).
WAT
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Mr. Analog

I know right

You want to play as an additional character you have to buy the figure and attach it to your Wii U tablet controller. As long as those characters aren't OP or they give us the option of unlocking them without buying anything I'm ok with it, but this is Nintendo after all, they aren't exactly on the bean when it comes to common sense.

Dang, urge to Mario Kart rising!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Quote from: Mr. Analog on June 13, 2014, 10:14:41 AM
I know right

You want to play as an additional character you have to buy the figure and attach it to your Wii U tablet controller. As long as those characters aren't OP or they give us the option of unlocking them without buying anything I'm ok with it, but this is Nintendo after all, they aren't exactly on the bean when it comes to common sense.

Dang, urge to Mario Kart rising!
Quiet you. I'm waiting for my pay check to hit before I buy anything expensive....

Mr. Analog

I hear ya, I think there's supposed to be a Kart bundle on the way (if it's now out already)

Might be worth checkin' out at Wall Mart etc

A refurb 8 GB is still 200 smackers
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Quote from: Mr. Analog on June 13, 2014, 10:25:53 AM
I hear ya, I think there's supposed to be a Kart bundle on the way (if it's now out already)

Yeah, I'm probably getting the bundle. It is out I think.

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Tom on June 13, 2014, 10:58:24 AM
Quote from: Mr. Analog on June 13, 2014, 10:25:53 AM

Yeah, I'm probably getting the bundle. It is out I think.

Nice!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

If its anything like the wii, I'll play it a few times then never touch it again.

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Tom on June 13, 2014, 11:01:56 AM
If its anything like the wii, I'll play it a few times then never touch it again.

There's a not bad library of games for it now with a bunch of good ones coming up. Also now that I have a Wii with a working network connection I can actually play people in games again.

EVERYBODY BUY MARIO KART lol
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

The white Wii and then the black Wii and now the Wii U have logged thousands and thousands of hours of use in my house, thanks to Lego Star Wars / Indiana Jones / Batman / etc.  I guess there's been lots of Super Smash Bros Melee and Brawl and Mario Kart and Super Mario Galaxy and some sports games (Wii Sports, Wii Sports Resort, Beijing Olympics, etc).  And some racing games - Need For Speed and such.  And movie tie-ins like Cars and such.

What kicked it all of for the Wii for us was actually Rayman Raving Rabbids (crazy zany game!) and Wario Ware (micro games? what are micro games?!).

We have an Xbox 360, it gets used a lot for shooting games and, once we got the Kinect, dancing / motion games.

Anyway, what was the original topic?  Oh yeah, new Smash Bros!
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Melbosa

Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Darren Dirt

Quote from: Thorin on June 13, 2014, 11:19:37 AM
The white Wii and then the black Wii and now the Wii U have logged thousands and thousands of hours of use in my house, thanks to

more like thanks to having kids ;)

Cuz, ditto. Mario Kart Wii every weekend 4 in a row so far. Actually managed to come in 2nd a bunch of times (my oldest daughter is ridic how well she takes corners and STAYS in 1st most of the race every damn track).

But still FUN -- and that's why I got the Wii because that was why I got the Gamecube. But definitely would be less fun with no kids.

Quote from: Thorin on June 13, 2014, 11:19:37 AM
What kicked it all of for the Wii for us was actually Rayman Raving Rabbids (crazy zany game!) and Wario Ware (micro games? what are micro games?!).

I thought the WarioWare for the *Wii* was just a SINGLE-controller, toss-to-the-next-player mix of minigames -- in contrast the hilariously fun FOUR-controller-battle-against-everybody WarioWare for the Gamecube. Was I mis-informed, or maybe did they eventually release a better one for the Wii?

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Mr. Analog

I was going to get Warioware Game & Watch but they weren't really clear on weather it was actual multiplayer or hotseat multiplayer (like the Wii version)

The GC version was mind-blowing fun
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Quote from: Darren Dirt on June 13, 2014, 11:28:34 AM
I though the WarioWare for the WII was just a one-controller toss-to-the-next-player mix of minigames, as opposed to the excellent battle-against-everybody WarioWare for the Gamecube. Did they eventually release a better one for the Wii?

WarioWare: Smooth Moves (for the Wii) is one player at a time, but the games are so short (that's why I say micro games, to distinguish them from the 60 second mini games) that you don't lose interest because it'll be your turn again right away.

Quote from: Mr. Analog on June 13, 2014, 09:38:35 AM

Having at least a couple hundred dollars worth of Skylanders and another couple hundred dollars worth of Disney Infinity figurines to keep track of, I can say that this idea sucks for the consumer but is awesome for the company selling them.  I also have to say that I thought Skylanders was a much better game than Disney Infinity.  Skylanders at least had a little depth and replayability to it.  Disney Infinity is just a straight-up moneygrab with "missions" that can be completed in just a few minutes and then that's it for the game, go play in the sandbox where you build your own "missions".
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful