Main Menu

Black

Started by Darren Dirt, September 16, 2005, 01:23:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darren Dirt

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/action/black/index.html

Teaser trailer, WOW! Damaging the environment. Grenade into a building's window makes fireballs blow out all the windows.

WOW!

Alex Ward, Criterion head guy, developer interview, reveals why this is gonna be unique (and not just Battlefield in the streets , which to me, at first glance, that's all the video of gameplay looked like)...

"1. excitement and intensity of the movies ... feel scared while you are playing ... like a Hollywood blockbuster ... February 2006"

"2. rip the place to pieces ... shoot the people, shoot the environment as well ... bullets rip up the environment ... came about from some of the best Burnout engineers :)"

IMHO, 2 sad things:

Xbox/PS2 only, and

"by E.A.". :P

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Mr. Analog

Could there be any more adverts on that page?
By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

LOL!

E3 2005 preview -- man I hope the XBox platform makes a PC port easy to offer sometime next year, this looks like it could be a truly revolutionary title. http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/action/black/preview_6125007.html

Mr. Analog

Could you expand a bit on this game without me having to follow grotty links?

Is this a Rainbow Six clone?
By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

Quote from: "Mr. Analog"Could you expand a bit on this game without me having to follow grotty links?

Is this a Rainbow Six clone?

Watch the developer interview, and the teaser trailer. Basically it's a fun, ation-oriented, destroy-the-environment FPS from some of the engineers behind "Burnout". So you know it's havoc-filled. Other that I dunno. Just found it today. Always looking for something "unique" in the gaming world, especially FPSes, since there's only so much deviation that's possible.

So don't follow the grotty links if ya don't want to. Although I personally found their contents to be worth risking the thousands of ads ;)