Request: Fragapalooza needs adverts!

Started by Melbosa, June 05, 2009, 03:54:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Melbosa

Hey guys,

I know our numbers here are small, but I know our social circles are large.

Fragapalooza isn't seeing the number of registrants we had in previous years.  We think this may have to do with limited exposure due to our limited advertising budget.

I'm asking you guys to spread the word if you could.  The more exposure the better!

Thanks, 
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Melbosa

So anyone have any ideas on this?  We aren't able to narrow down anything yet, including sponsors, because are numbers are a 1/4 of last year.

Lazybones

Well if there is no money to purchase ads how about working deals with a sponsore?

Maybe MS could run an ad on xbox live?

You could try flyers are memx or try and get ad space on their site?

Tom

Yeah, I pretty much know all of the regulars at the places I go to, and all of maybe two are from alberta, another one or two are currently in the vancouver area, and others yet still are in Sask or Ontario. the closes of which is from Canmore, and he won't be coming.

I tried to get someone from new york state to come but he's to wishywashy and keeps spending his money before he has a chance to save up for the trip.

edit: I can try putting an advert up on allegro.cc's news thing though. not sure how much it'll help. I'd appreciate if you gave me some pre made "copy" to put up though.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

CowGirl

What about posting something on facebook?
i aM A NoBoDy, NoBoDy iS PeRfEcT, tHeReFoRe, I'M PeRfEcT!

Lazybones

Melbosa

Quote from: Lazybones on June 08, 2009, 06:06:30 PM
Well if there is no money to purchase ads how about working deals with a sponsore?

Catch 22 here.  Sponsors aren't committing cause our numbers are down at the moment.

Maybe MS could run an ad on xbox live?

Microsoft doesn't thing Fragapalooza is their target market.  Haven't been a sponsor since 2006.

You could try flyers are memx or try and get ad space on their site?

MemEx is already advertising another LAN on their site, and don't want to piss that off.  They are a drop off for Fragapalooza and our Posters are ready, so this one we are already trying.

Melbosa

Quote from: Tom on June 08, 2009, 06:54:59 PM
edit: I can try putting an advert up on allegro.cc's news thing though. not sure how much it'll help. I'd appreciate if you gave me some pre made "copy" to put up though.

Any place you know of where you can post about the event go ahead.   Use the About information from the website for your posts.  Best description we can give you is there.

Lazybones