Texture Pack / Mod Thread!

Started by Mr. Analog, March 16, 2012, 12:20:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LennyLen

Quote from: Thorin on June 20, 2012, 01:41:34 AM
Are you sure?  There are a bunch of classes in the Minecraft jar file that get replaced; its not just adding new texture files.

I think you're getting it mixed up with something else.  The download only contains images.  Also, if it was adding vector support to the game, then there wouldn't be a need to have different sized packs for different resolutions.

Thorin

Oh you're right, when I mcpatched it I wasn't paying close enough attention - they are all .pngs.

Anyway, looks really nice!

Oh hey, do you have a mod to smooth out the connected glass panes so they look like one big one?
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

LennyLen

Quote from: Thorin on June 20, 2012, 07:40:43 AMOh hey, do you have a mod to smooth out the connected glass panes so they look like one big one?

Try OptiFine

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Thorin on June 20, 2012, 07:40:43 AM
Oh you're right, when I mcpatched it I wasn't paying close enough attention - they are all .pngs.

Anyway, looks really nice!

Oh hey, do you have a mod to smooth out the connected glass panes so they look like one big one?

Actually if you get the latest version of MCPatcher it comes with a block smoother (though this only works for glass blocks not panes)
By Grabthar's Hammer

Mr. Analog

So I tried Sphax PureBDCraft 512x and despite having a beast of a machine the chug was unbelievable

I went back to 128x or whatever the middle of the road version is
By Grabthar's Hammer

LennyLen

Quote from: Mr. Analog on January 31, 2023, 01:24:49 PMSo I tried Sphax PureBDCraft 512x and despite having a beast of a machine the chug was unbelievable

Yeah, I've noticed the same with 512x.  My machine can handle 256x, but I usually just use 128x anyway.

Mr. Analog

Quote from: LennyLen on January 31, 2023, 01:28:47 PM
Quote from: Mr. Analog on January 31, 2023, 01:24:49 PMSo I tried Sphax PureBDCraft 512x and despite having a beast of a machine the chug was unbelievable

Yeah, I've noticed the same with 512x.  My machine can handle 256x, but I usually just use 128x anyway.

Like I was stunned, Cyberpunk 2077? Portal RTX? No problem

Potato Minecraft? *Dies*
By Grabthar's Hammer