City of Heroes Forum Resurrection

Started by Melbosa, March 15, 2005, 08:12:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Melbosa

Seems that there have been a lot of City of Heroes Posts lately, and wondering if the community would like the Forum Resurrected for your use.
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Shayne

...im looking at getting back into this game.  I might wait for the expansion, but im in the mood for mindless action.  Doesnt bother me either way, and i feel that this recent activity might simply be a "phase"

Mr. Analog

Well, there are (to my knowledge) only 3 of us on there still (Tonnica, Ustauk & myself), I also created another guild so that I could manage the smaller group list.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

Quote from: "Shayne"...im looking at getting back into this game.
Ditto, gonna re-activate maybe this week, the twitch oh the twitch :)

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Melbosa

I've been noticing a lot more posts again on this, so thought I would resurrect this thread and ask again if you guys want the Forum brought back from Archivedum.

Mr. Analog

Perhaps, if I want to schedule events for my SuperGroup will I get crapped on like last time?

Whew! Didn't want to sound so bitter there, anyway the point is still there, I maintain a small [sic] SG for just peeps I know, right now I just call people up and make arrangments via the in-game chat feature, it would be nice to use the boards for this. BUT I wouldn't want to break any forum "commandments"...
By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

How about if I resurrect the Forum, minus the Guild Events section which would only be appropriate to RW Guild Events?  You could still use your own site to arrange guild events, but at least you could post here about your adventures.

Recruiting for your guild here is still not a good thing, but sharing your adventures and discussing things with others on the boards related to the game is not a bad thing.

How would that work?

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

Darren Dirt

Quote from: "Melbosa"Seems that there have been a lot of City of Heroes Posts lately, and wondering if the community would like the Forum Resurrected for your use.
DarrenDirt:Threads = Melbosa:ForumSections

A little SAT humour...

Oh, PS: Mr. A, your SG site is kinda weird in IE but OK in Firefox, maybe some weird CSS layout thing... And what will be the standard way of planning TFs etc. in advance - IM in here perhaps? or global chat (@Dirt, @Bop, etc.) - I can't remember if the message is waiting for you if you receive while offline, the way the oft-ignored "email" function works...

Mr. Analog

When you say weird what do you mean, it looks just fine in my version of IE.

Also, download FireFox and migrate to a browser that makes Space Gary rock out.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

Quote from: "Mr. Analog"When you say weird what do you mean, it looks just fine in my version of IE.

Also, download FireFox and migrate to a browser that makes Space Gary rock out.
Limozeen r0x0rs fo sho - I love the "20 year old video tape" SB found that one time...

When I said weird, it was mainly some overlapping text, and also the links to the heroes (top right corner I think) that went to "about:blank" - I'll check later and describe it better...

Mr. Analog

Yeah, the links go to about:blank because I haven't written those bios yet, once I fill it all in I'm submitting the stuff to NCSoft.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

Quote from: "Darren Dirt"DarrenDirt:Threads = Melbosa:ForumSections

A little SAT humour...
Ahhh yes, but mine are a result of my function and responsibility to the forums... :P

:D

Darren Dirt

Quote from: "Melbosa"

Ahhh yes, but mine are a result of my function and responsibility to the forums... :P

...and mine are out of a sense of duty to my fellow Interwebian :D

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

Quote from: "Darren Dirt"
Quote from: "Melbosa"

...and mine are out of a sense of duty to my fellow Interwebian :D
Fair enough

Darren Dirt

Quote from: "Mr. Analog"I like gum!
That's great, Chris. Now go back to wrestling with that lamp that you think hit you... ;) [/esoteric reference]