Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Thorin on November 22, 2023, 09:00:12 PMWTF

I'd say it was a bad game but only one team showed up 🙄
By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

So frustrating to watch, even with the latest blowout for the Oilers.
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Thorin

They've won seven in a row since I posted this WTF thread. Crazy.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Thorin on December 10, 2023, 06:26:40 PMThey've won seven in a row since I posted this WTF thread. Crazy.

I mean, I hate to say it but that coaching change made an impact
By Grabthar's Hammer

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Mr. Analog

Oof, that third period last night
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

If you were to watch that game and pay no attention to the scoreboard, you would see the Oilers playing high-energy hockey until the last 6.7 seconds. They didn't quit on that game at all, and they dominated large, large stretches of it. 80+ shot attempts (57 of them on net), long shifts entirely in the opposition end all throughout the game, absolutely stoned by a goalie who happened to put in a lights-out performance.

The Oilers have in the past been on the opposite side, where they played poorly and got dominated and eked out a win due to their goalie (I think it was Scrivens with a 59-save shutout against the Sharks?).

If they keep playing like this, they're going to win a lot more than they lose. Too bad people get hung up on the score of a single game, rather than the actual effort and tenacity they showed.

I'd rather see them lose like this than how they were losing in the first 18 games, where they had no fire and the opposing teams constantly controlled the pace of the game.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

Nobody's said it yet but PLAYOFF SPOT acquired
By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

Hehe... I hope they do well!

Jets still in #1... I would have never predicated that at the beginning of this season.

Thorin

Quote from: Thorin on December 10, 2023, 06:26:40 PMThey've won seven in a row since I posted this WTF thread. Crazy.

They now have two seven-game win streaks since I posted this WTF thread!

Quote from: Mr. Analog on January 07, 2024, 09:04:29 PMNobody's said it yet but PLAYOFF SPOT acquired

Yeah, with still up to four games in hand over some of the teams above them.

What a crazy turnaround.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Thorin on January 08, 2024, 01:36:40 PMWhat a crazy turnaround.

That's for sure! I'm loving every minute of it
By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

I hope they climb even more... I want them to be out of the 7/8, so we can all see Canadian teams take on the American ones that make the playoffs.

And what is with Vancouver too... Another team I would not have guessed be where they are at the beginning of the season.

Mr. Analog

I want to see the Oil go all the way this season
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Quote from: Mr. Analog on January 09, 2024, 10:40:19 PMI want to see the Oil go all the way this season

I want to see them go all the way _every_ season. I'm a fan, it's an irrational desire :)

Quote from: Melbosa on January 09, 2024, 09:52:56 PMI hope they climb even more... I want them to be out of the 7/8, so we can all see Canadian teams take on the American ones that make the playoffs.\

They're definitely continuing to climb. Even with a couple of goals called off, they managed to win that game last night. Meanwhile, Calgary _lost_ to that same AHL squad!
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful