Portal 2 Multiplayer

Started by Mr. Analog, March 03, 2011, 10:33:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you think Multiplayer in Portal 2 will work?

Yes
0 (0%)
No
0 (0%)
Not sure
3 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Mr. Analog

As the Portal 2 release date nears I can't help but wonder if the new multiplayer component will add to the game or detract from it. I'm not saying Portal should be a single player experience only but I can't help but think that multiplayer Portal is going to take griefing to a whole new level.

Thoughts?
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

I suspect the multi-player will be interesting and fun as co-op but if there is any VS play it will be awful.

Mr. Analog

I think co-op would be a lot of fun actually, vs doesn't make sense. Like I say it will just take griefing to a whole new level
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

VS might work for capture the flag scenarios?  Beyond that, whoever gets the other stuck in a never-ending loop first wins.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Thorin on March 03, 2011, 01:20:02 PM
VS might work for capture the flag scenarios?  Beyond that, whoever gets the other stuck in a never-ending loop first wins.

Haha, I wonder if there are any advantages to being the tall robot vs the squat robot...

I'd actually like to play as GlaDOS and set up arenas for subjects to explore...

also evil!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

I can imagine that Team Killing would take on a whole new meaning... The douchebags will really enjoy making everyone's online experience miserable...

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Thorin

What about cake?  Will there be cake?  It said the cake is a lie, but then that final sequence showed a cake!
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Darren Dirt on March 03, 2011, 01:48:37 PM
I can imagine that Team Killing would take on a whole new meaning... The douchebags will really enjoy making everyone's online experience miserable...

Only if it's clever ganking, with Portal it's way too obvious because you can see where you're haded... unless you jumped and the other player changes the exit portal hahaha. If done right it could be funny (like TF2), but I'm so curious at this point. I hope it isn't just tacked on (like the multiplayer from Bioshock 2 felt)

Quote from: Thorin on March 03, 2011, 02:13:53 PM
What about cake?  Will there be cake?  It said the cake is a lie, but then that final sequence showed a cake!

LOL Chell mad:

By Grabthar's Hammer