World Cup 2014

Started by Melbosa, June 24, 2014, 04:06:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Melbosa

Anyone watching this?  Teams are disappearing that were favoured, others are advancing that shouldn't be.  Been quite an exciting first round which is half over.

I can't believe the first team out was Spain, which was in the last 3 major event finals, and won the last two.  And I had them in the office pool.... now its go Iran for my second team (lol), and maybe Belgium for the homeland cheer!
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Mr. Analog

Nah, all my teams were knocked out of contention early on, the only one that's been fun to watch are the Netherlands, I hope they wreck Mexico

The calls have been questionable in the games I've watched (not news) and the pitch they're playing on might as well be a country field somewhere, the game is suffering for it and it's not fun to watch
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Nope. Was never really a fan of the fotte-ball.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Thorin

Why the   h - e - double - hockey sticks   didn't you pick The Netherlands, France, and Brazil as your top 3?  Or were they taken already?
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Darren Dirt

Quote from: Mr. Analog on June 24, 2014, 04:26:03 PM
the pitch they're playing on might as well be a country field somewhere, the game is suffering for it and it's not fun to watch

@%&# always rolls downhill when it starts @ the top... you did watch John Oliver destroy FIFA on LWT a while ago right? ;)

PS: happy accident -- I wanted to find an image-quote something similar to the first part of what I finally posted above; instead found a TON of inspirational stuff!
http://www.google.ca/search?q=quote+%22from+the+top%22&tbm=isch

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

Quote from: Thorin on June 25, 2014, 09:40:27 PM
Why the   h - e - double - hockey sticks   didn't you pick The Netherlands, France, and Brazil as your top 3?  Or were they taken already?

LOL We did a 16 man draft pick style.  I got Spain when it was my turn to pick, and then when we came back up the choosing ladder all really left to choose was Iran.  So my two teams are out now.  I predict a Netherlands and Belgium final, even if it isn't possible :P
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Darren Dirt

How to make soccerfooty interesting for the NFL/NHL (aka athletes crashing into each other at high speed BUT WITH PADDING!) snobs.

Strive for progress. Not perfection.