World of Warcraft Movie - Trailer Saturday

Started by Melbosa, July 07, 2015, 10:54:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Melbosa

Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Mr. Analog

The choice of director seems strange as well, like he did Moon and Source Code?

Plot: Character discovers that they live in a game world

lol
By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

Mr. Analog

You enter the theatre, there is an usher standing near the entrance with a yellow exclamation mark above his head, you talk to him:

"You must collect 15 bags of M&Ms to pass"

People who've seen the movie a bunch of times roll by on their epic mounts

One group of people all move together almost perfectly and go into a theatre by themselves

You can watch the first 20 minutes for free, but after that you need a subscription with Battle.net

:D
By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

Quote from: Mr. Analog on November 03, 2015, 01:14:36 PM
You enter the theatre, there is an usher standing near the entrance with a yellow exclamation mark above his head, you talk to him:

"You must collect 15 bags of M&Ms to pass"

People who've seen the movie a bunch of times roll by on their epic mounts

One group of people all move together almost perfectly and go into a theatre by themselves

You can watch the first 20 minutes for free, but after that you need a subscription with Battle.net

:D

Cynic!

Also, prophet!

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Melbosa

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

Mr. Analog

From what I gather if you're a Warcraft fan and you get all the references its not a bad movie but for everybody else its difficult to get into.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

Quote from: Mr. Analog on June 13, 2016, 01:30:32 PM
From what I gather if you're a Warcraft fan and you get all the references its not a bad movie but for everybody else its difficult to get into.

Sounds like it's more than just too many "in-jokes" that are confusing to outsiders.

In short, apparently it looks very pretty at times (especially with the orcs) but overall is a fail due to: terrible confusing editing in the first act, a very inaccessible plot throughout (even for fans, let alone for n00bs), with mostly characters that you are never shown why you should care about.

Not just the 2 reviewers are saying this, many of the comments agreed too (of which there are plenty of hardcore WoW'ers).

Melbosa

I'm still going to see it, so will let you know my thoughts.

Darren Dirt

At least it doesn't sound like it hits Uwe Boll level of bad. I'm sure on big screen it's a fun ride, even if not as engaging as other recent epic battle-centric film series (LOTR, HP).