Main Menu

YouTube...

Started by CowGirl, September 19, 2006, 02:27:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CowGirl

i aM A NoBoDy, NoBoDy iS PeRfEcT, tHeReFoRe, I'M PeRfEcT!

Darren Dirt

...it promises that "Boatsox...will be deeply imposed upon all users of Microschlock's portfolio of online services, including Windoze Dead Spaces and Windoze Dead Shootthemessenger," and our marketing guys say it's important to say that this has the potential to give us an ego boost oops I mean increased revenues rah rah go Redmond!...
;)

PS: I've used MSNBC's little video news service thingie on occasion to watch some video clip or whatnot -- it didn't even WORK until my IE5.5SP2 browser got up to IE6... and it's almost as heavy Flash bloatware as ComedyCentral's Motherload... but without the funnies ::)

So if it's anything like THAT (instead of the quick and clean interface of Youtube, or the convenient small-footprint-AJAX of Google Video) then count me out of the Microsoft Bobblehead crowd :P

:rofl:...

Comments
MS Technology Envy
Written by imguessing on 2006-09-19 16:22:23
Here we go again with another case of Microsoft technology envy. You know, where some one, or some company is jealous because "their" technology is bigger than ours.

I mean, I sort of understand Microsofts reasoning. Why produce a few world class, pricey software packages and/or services, when we can produce a whole slew of average, pricey software packages and/or services. Microsoft marketing must be doing caffeine IV's just thinking about the possibilities.

Reviewers have mostly been under-whelmed. I'm guessing this will be another Xbox (losing $100 - $300 per game unit) or Zune (not sure how much they'll lose, but pretty sure it will be enough to feed a small city for a month).

Once again, Microsoft's ego has gotten in the way. They just can't handle it when another tech company is successful. Technology envy, bad, tipping the hat and giving kudos, good. Why am I not surprised which one Microsoft chose?

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Darren Dirt

If you were a major network, would you offer your video resources through a major brand name like Google Video or iTunes?

No, of course not, you'd make your own that nobody has ever heard of -- and try to name it something similar to a very popular one so people will unconsciously connect the two of them...

CBS: InnerYoutube (oops, I mean "InnerTube" ::) )

Strive for progress. Not perfection.