Mr. Analog

Post photos from the server.

Tips:

F2 (or FN + 2): Take Screenshot
F1: Remove player HUD
By Grabthar's Hammer

Mr. Analog

I may have started a building boom...

I finally capped the design, my art deco building is complete! Now to furnish the interior!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

Was exploring today and found a few of these.  They are just circular caverns attached to the cavern/cave area by Lazy's island.  Not sure why the game made these places...
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Melbosa

Hole in the world near my mine.

Melbosa

Thought this was neat as I was exploring.  I swear the caverns/caves near Lazy's place have way more interesting (and dangerous) locations and visuals.

Tom

Quote from: Melbosa on March 18, 2012, 04:09:16 AM
Hole in the world near my mine.
Those used to go away with a bit of messing about. sometimes just walk around it for a while, or log out, and back in.

One thing you used to have to watch out for, was don't ride a rail car over a long missing section, especially if the server is laggy enough to boot you in the middle of it. I've had that happen. When I logged back in, I ended up falling from where I was into lava, or just solid stone. Fun times. That was pre 1.0 though.

If you guys still have a problem lag wise, try making sure you don't all have your visibility set to far.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Lazybones

Quote from: Melbosa on March 18, 2012, 04:10:18 AM
Thought this was neat as I was exploring.  I swear the caverns/caves near Lazy's place have way more interesting (and dangerous) locations and visuals.

I died in lava twice last night... I would dangerous is right. Even though it advances WAY slower than water, if you hit an over head adjacent block it drops down fast. Lost some nice gear last night :(.

Lazybones

I like adding windows to under water tunnels, as long as they aren't too deep you get to see if the sun is up and they look cool.

Also being on a beach I have lots of sand for making glass, unfortunately lava lighting is very dangerous to work with ;)

Stewie521

progress of the day :)

also a cool screen of MrA's tower

Mr. Analog

Lookin' real good there guys!

I like Lazy's underwater windows heh, and that build is coming along pretty nicely there Stewie!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Some more recent pics

We seem to have a lot of snow areas...

Also in the last pick it looks like I have stumbled on some generated content to explore.

Mr. Analog

The last photo is an abandoned mine!

FREE MINECART TRACKS! :D
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Quote from: Mr. Analog on March 20, 2012, 09:29:19 AM

Yep, found it just before logging off last night on my way back to my base after doing some exploring...

abandoned mines are supposed to also have lots of loot in chests (gold) ... and well poison cave spiders... so tread carefully...

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Lazybones on March 20, 2012, 09:32:11 AM
Quote from: Mr. Analog on March 20, 2012, 09:29:19 AM

Yep, found it just before logging off last night on my way back to my base after doing some exploring...

abandoned mines are supposed to also have lots of loot in chests (gold) ... and well poison cave spiders... so tread carefully...

Yep, bring lots of buckets of milk and/or a friend or two
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Assuming I will benefit from the spoils (more tracks built) here is the general location.... I can post a more accurate map next time I am logged in but based on previous maps I have posted it should be in the red circle area...

Edit: you may just want to extend a tunnel from the current transit system once you locate it over land. It is very hilly and takes a while to travel over or around the shore on foot.