Oilers Got Wreck'd: A Love Story. 2014-15 Season?

Started by Mr. Analog, September 29, 2014, 02:09:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Analog

I didn't watch last night's game, in fact I'm not sure how I missed it over the radio too, and EVEN THOUGH it's just a friendly game between B squads...

...what happen? Why no puck go in thing?

Are we in for another saggy mid season while the A level players are off with injuries? Wha happen?  :o

By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

I didn't watch the game, it was on a bad feed that was all choppy, apparently.

There were quite a few B and C listers on the team, Nuge and Hall got the night off I think.  Nevertheless, reports are that the puck spent a huge amount of time in our end and it was actually the goalie who kept the team in the game until well into the third period.

Good thing this is just a pre-season game meant to suss out who should be kept around for a second look and who should be sent away to lower tiers.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

This threads' title perfectly describes the last two oilers games, tonight and last night.

This game tonight absolutely and completely sucked the hind banana.

We had the game recorded and went back through all the goals in slow motion to see what was being done wrong. My daughters piped up about the oilers not even playing the basic box +1 defense they'd been taught in novice (7 and 8 year olds!)  And then they picked up on the goalie not bothering to cover his five hole properly like they were taught their first year as goalies.

Pretty sad when a thirteen year old can point out the problems with the absolutely fundamentals of the sport that the millionaire players are having.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

Worst organization in the league

They got harshly booed, and I'm behind that. Morale or not, 7:1 against Chicago at home to a sell out crowd is an embarrassment.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

I was more upset with the 2-0 loss to New Jersey than the 7-1 loss to Chicago, because the Devils are a bad team while the Blackhawks are top third of the league again this year.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

It was 6:0 by the end of the 2nd period, any way you shake it they sucked

At least they got 1 on the board :-/
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

I just finished watching the oilers lose 5-2 to the Arizona Coyotes. @%&# do they suck. They let a player score a shorthanded goal against them, then that player went off the ice, then that player came back on for his next shift and we still had a power play, and he scored another shorthanded goal.

Worse yet is how those goals got scored. Everybody going north while the pick was going south. Complete bull@%&#.

Maybe they'll figure it out one day.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

WTF was that @%&#SHOW last night... I'm starting to think the players are drinking and doing drugs before a game.  As a coach, how do you even go into the dressing room after one player shows you up not once, but twice in the same 2 minutes shorthanded, and keep your cool?  I'm guessing you don't.
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Thorin

Yeah, 58 seconds apart and the player went and sat on the bench for 40 seconds inbetween those two goals...

Hall's @%&#ty little kick-pass and Schultz being at the far blue line even though he's the only D on the ice, and then Schultz being the only one who even tries to chase Rieder...  That shows you how little the "stars" on our team care about goals against.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Thorin

This says it all (Hitler reacts vid): http://youtu.be/t79pQ-OMYpU

Watch until the end, it's so true...
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Thorin

Game tonight, in Winnipeg. Sorry Mel, I'm still cheering for the Oilers ... to score a goal.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

I... I don't know what, maybe I'll put the game on in the background or something
By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

Quote from: Thorin on December 03, 2014, 06:22:13 PM
Game tonight, in Winnipeg. Sorry Mel, I'm still cheering for the Oilers ... to score a goal.

lol
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!