Cities: Skylines

Started by Mr. Analog, March 10, 2015, 09:36:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Melbosa

So its been like 10y since Melville has had demand for Commercial zones, and I don't think I've built any in almost 7 years (at least the Burbs and Uptown don't have any)... ever since I've been doing High Density Residential and Office Building Industrial... you guys noticed that yet?
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Mr. Analog

The Industry bar is linked to both the industrial and office zones, which is better for your city is based on education
By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

Quote from: Mr. Analog on March 18, 2015, 08:47:20 AM
The Industry bar is linked to both the industrial and office zones, which is better for your city is based on education

That I understand.  What I am saying is that my city is not asking for Commercial anymore since I started deploying Offices... Not sure if related but I haven't deployed (nor been in demand) Commercial zones for many years.
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Mr. Analog

Hmm, I dunno

Maybe your people buy stuff on Amazon now haha
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Once I created a university my citizens started complaining about forestry and farm zones being lame.

Also the over educated workers number became very high.

Must be all those arts majors working at the coffee shops.

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

Quote from: Lazybones on March 18, 2015, 12:02:56 PM
Once I created a university my citizens started complaining about forestry and farm zones being lame.

Also the over educated workers number became very high.

Must be all those arts majors working at the coffee shops.

Next time just create a few technical institutes.

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Mr. Analog

Man, I've started a new city after all the patches and wow, the building variety, new info panes, traffic logic so much fun!

This is exactly what I wanted out of this game, just pick it up play it super chill to forget my troubles and enjoy
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

OOh, more updates? I might have to play.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Lazybones

Made it over 100K in my second city... Been playing less as the wife has taken over and started to play... Have to split time on the PC.

Tom

I was playing some more the other day. 8 hours. ouch. But I didn't get anywhere near 100k people :o I think I hit 60k+.

Lazybones

Although there is a preview bug I have started to build my own assets in the asset editor. I find I like a specific type of overpass and being able to stamp them on the map quickly is really nice.

Tom

You should post a screen shot :) I have a hard time with designing proper overpasses and such.

Lazybones

This is my solution to having traffic exit the highway and enter a city area... It deals with fairly high traffic volumes as long as the side roads have room and capacity to keep clearing cars.

These are specifically designed NOT to allow traffic to use the over pass to change direction on the highway... If you link your side road up wrong traffic will attempt to go out over and back. As designed these deal with a fair amount of traffic.

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer