In the upcoming Federal election where is your vote going?

Started by Mr. Analog, October 08, 2015, 08:20:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

In the upcoming Federal election where is your vote going?

Conservative Party of Canada
0 (0%)
New Democratic Party
3 (60%)
Liberal Party of Canada
0 (0%)
Green Party of Canada
0 (0%)
Bloc Qu?b?cois
0 (0%)
Forces et D?mocratie
0 (0%)
Alliance of the North
0 (0%)
Animal Alliance Environment Voters Party of Canada
0 (0%)
Canada Party
0 (0%)
Canadian Action Party
0 (0%)
Christian Heritage Party of Canada
0 (0%)
Communist Party of Canada
0 (0%)
Democratic Advancement Party of Canada
0 (0%)
Libertarian Party of Canada
0 (0%)
Marijuana Party
0 (0%)
Party for Accountability, Competency and Transparency
0 (0%)
Pirate Party of Canada
0 (0%)
Progressive Canadian Party
0 (0%)
Rhinoceros Party
0 (0%)
United Party of Canada
0 (0%)
Undecided
2 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: October 20, 2015, 08:20:41 AM

Lazybones

Darren Dirt

So... consensus (?) -- our new PM is unquestionably less mature than his father was.

But seriously did anyone try that quiz? Yikes.

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Lazybones

I don't think you can have consensus until we see what he does.

Looking at these videos the guy gets around, knows how to enjoy life and is probably the most interesting PM we have had in a long time.

His outgoing nature might be good for Canada's image assuming he isn't too silly. 

Darren Dirt

Quote from: Lazybones on October 22, 2015, 09:18:17 AM
I don't think you can have consensus until we see what he does.

Looking at these videos the guy gets around, knows how to enjoy life and is probably the most interesting PM we have had in a long time.

His outgoing nature might be good for Canada's image assuming he isn't too silly.

Agreed, but geez that's a tough line to straddle without crossing it. Especially for those in an actual leadership role (so that doesn't include late night talk show hosts etc.)

Tom

<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Darren Dirt

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Tom on October 22, 2015, 10:15:46 AM
At least he isn't Trump.

Hey want a scary thought?

We had Ronald Regan back in the 80s, you know what his resume had on it? A bunch of cowboy B-Movies. If you think a Tumpnation is impossible I say to you not only is it possible but frighteningly likely (unless the Republicans field somebody else?)

Also this is a country where a lot of people can be convinced of building a wall is better than say... universal healthcare

But hey, I guess they like paying more than full price for day laborers and medication?

VERY PREMIUM, VERY
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

I find it unlikely because I think he doesn't actually want the job. Marketing stunt.

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Tom on October 22, 2015, 10:56:11 AM
I find it unlikely because I think he doesn't actually want the job. Marketing stunt.

How much money has his campaign spent

Find out and really think about it

This is real and it's happening

Spoiler
it's approx $2 million USD at this time
[close]
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

$2 million is nothing for a presidential campaign. /nothing/. More serious candidates have probably spent tens or hundreds by now.

I mean sure, some people think he has a chance, and donate to him or his PAC. And I think it would be hilarious if he got elected, but i don't know if even his own party takes him seriously.

Darren Dirt

Quote from: Tom on October 22, 2015, 11:14:58 AM
$2 million is nothing for a presidential campaign. /nothing/. More serious candidates have probably spent tens or hundreds by now.

Who needs to spend money on advertising more than 12 months before election day... when Word Of Mouth is doing a great job on its own!

Darren Dirt

btw...

I mean sure, some people think he has a chance, and donate to him or his PAC. And I think it would be hilarious if he got elected, but i don't know if even his own party takes him seriously.

I don't know about that, I mean, based on how the couple of debates went -- all Trump-focused and at times Trump-led -- it seems like maybe the other Republicans are all like...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XllttBJi98#t=13m47s

Tom

Every US presidential election that I can remember, the candidates that get attention first never make it past the prelims.

Mr. Analog

Apologies, my original numbers were significantly outdated

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016/us/elections/election-2016-campaign-money-race.html?_r=0

The Trump has raised $5.8 Million and spent $5.6, given that we're all talking about HIM and not somebody like Ted Cruz (who has spent $12.8 million as of June 30) maybe says a lot more about the relationship between candidate, spending and candidacy, not to mention looking at just the 3 way race, there are several candidates who have spent a lot more to vie for the same attention and aren't in the "top 3".

Last updated Oct 20
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nationwide_opinion_polling_for_the_United_States_presidential_election,_2016

The Top 5 raised / spent (and Donald Trump)

CandidateTotal RaisedSpentSuper PACs & other PACs
Jeb Bush133.324.8105.5
Hillary Clinton97.777.520.3
Ted Cruz64.926.638.4
Marco Rubio47.714.617.3
Bernie Sanders41.514.30.0
Donald Trump5.85.6- -

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016/us/elections/election-2016-campaign-money-race.html?_r=0

To be effective in advertising you need to make sure you brand has awareness, even if it sucks... actually, particularly if it sucks

So why am I worried about a Trumpening, because he IS a crazy frontrunner with nothing to lose, he may drop out of the race when the money is done, but he may not

Anyway, its so early the process its virtually pointless to discuss, even though plenty of ppl int he US are... non stop
By Grabthar's Hammer