Project: Snowblind

Started by Darren Dirt, February 28, 2005, 06:29:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darren Dirt

Never heard of it before, but clicked a banner ad and found the official website has like 12 distinct trailers.

Wow. "Halo killer", some say. Possibly.

The gameplay movies totally reminded me, environment-wise, of Deus Ex. Boy I'm such a smartiepants :) Not a sequel to DE or anything, but it *was* going to be a spinoff or something originally.

Think futuristic team military combat, complete with gadgets that look to be unique (for example, one seems to be an EM-based on-the-fly shield or something).

So, anyone heard of it? Shuold I feel outtatouch, yet again?

- - -

PS: Metacritic users seem to like it plenty :)
EGM sez "With its massive levels, cool vehicles, character classes, and play modes that range from quick and dirty to needlessly complicated, Snowblind's online game itself is reason enough to lock and load." B)
And Gamespy calls it "a rare breed of FPS these days, as it's both high in quality and uniqueness. The mechanics of Deus Ex work tremendously well in a high-intensity atmosphere, and the rest of the game's attributes falls into place as well. I say pick this baby up." :D

But us poor non-Xbox non-PS2 owners; looks like PC version not quite out yet :(

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Melbosa

Can always come and check it out at my place ;)
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Melbosa

Quote from: "Darren Dirt"But us poor non-Xbox non-PS2 owners; looks like PC version not quite out yet :(
Not so long from now: http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/snowblind/
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!