Transformers... and stuff

Started by Lazybones, March 03, 2005, 10:56:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Analog

Quote from: "Shayne"
Quote from: "Mr. Analog"I think he might be a good fit for this one, considering the premise: giant warring transforming robots.

I mean this is a movie that is going to have a couple of chase scenes (cars, jets, spaceships) at least, lots of explosions and dialogue so cheesy you'll wonder where the fancy biscuits are.
I didnt think of it that way, and i guess it does make sense.

However i want a sequal to Robot Jox first.  http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0102800/
Oh man :lol: haha! Haven't seen that for a while. I had a chum in Junior High who was a Battletech freak, this was his movie.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Quote from: "Mr. Analog"I think he might be a good fit for this one, considering the premise: giant warring transforming robots.

I mean this is a movie that is going to have a couple of chase scenes (cars, jets, spaceships) at least, lots of explosions and dialogue so cheesy you'll wonder where the fancy biscuits are.
I didnt think of it that way, and i guess it does make sense.

However i want a sequal to Robot Jox first.  http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0102800/
I remember cool robot fighting, and something about a coed lockerroom.. I think..

Thats about all I remember about that moving.. I suspect it contained bad acting, but that was a long time ago.

Mr. Analog

Oh yes, bad acting, cheesy effects, it had it all, evan a Soviet bad guy (haha)
By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

Quote from: "Lazybones"Date set for live action movie
...of all the directors...they choose Micheal Bay.  *shudder*  I suppose it could be worse, it could be Joel Schumacher
HEY! The cliche of attacking JS, well remember Phone Booth was a pretty good flick. ...  :unsure: anyway... perhaps the Dark Knight franchise might be letting Joel redeem himself once and for all: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001708/board/nest/20960318

QuoteRumors have been spread that Schumacher, perhaps the greatest director of our time, is in line to direct the Batman Beings sequel. I think it is a great move considering where Schumacher took Tim Burton’s Batman films. Schumacher will bring back the old Gotham City that we loved so much, and perhaps even Robin... we can only hope. ... yes, this rumor is true according the E! channel ...
^ Probable jestertroll, most took him seriously so of course hilarity ensues...

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Shayne

I doubt they would do such a thing.  After how well both boxoffice and criticly Batman Begins was recieved, they would be INSANE to change the forumla.

Mr. Analog

Ugh! I bet he'd pick someone like the Riddler and have really lame ass riddles that end with huge car-flippin' 'splosions.

Tentative relase date would be July 4, 200X I'm thnking... BARF!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

Quote from: "Lazybones"Date set for live action movie

QuoteIn a message board Monday post on his personal Website (www.donmurphy.net), Don Murphy, a Transformers co-executive producer, said Spielberg, DreamWorks and Hasbro are committed to making a film that is no less than "GREAT" (the capital letters are all his).

"It will be GREAT," Murphy continued, "and then we will make sequel after sequel. There is no doubt that this is true."

YES that would be GREAT to have SEQUEL AFTER SEQUEL how the HELL did such I get CO-EXEC PRODUCER CREDIT on such a NOTEABLE FRANCHISE

QuoteUntil Transformers debuts in theaters, and after Comic-Con wraps, its considerable fandom can busy itself with BotCon ( http://www.transformersclub.com/conventions/frisco/ ), described by organizer Brian Savage as being "like a giant group hug for everyone who enjoys Transformers."

BotCon. Something different: A costume-probable geek gathering... only in this case they are pointy-cornered costumes. ;)

Maybe somebody will dress up as Bender, or the classic Marvin  B)

Darren Dirt

Quote from: "Lazybones"Soundwave rocks the house
Them CG bots be breaking the dance! But they be humblesittin' in awed submission to the roof firin' kicks of Vin (aka Mark Vincent) Diesel!

Mr. Analog

Quote from: "Darren Dirt"Them CG bots be breaking the dance! But they be humblesittin' in awed submission to the roof firin' kicks of Vin (aka Mark Vincent) Diesel!
MC Chris is that you?!?! hahaha
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Mr. Analog

!!!!!!!!!!! Holy @%&# that was aweseome !!!!!!!!!!!!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

I like how they use shaky-cam to make it seem more real.  That was definitely cool.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Darren Dirt

Quote from: "Thorin"I like how they use shaky-cam to make it seem more real.  That was definitely cool.

The camera shakes helped, but without a doubt (to me) it's the zoomin and outoffocus just before it started... Made it seem all the more real :)

Lazybones

This thread lives on thanks to another car ad Ice Skating Robot Car

Zapata Prime

Is he a free agent?? Him and Pronger would make a great defensive pairing!!

SYL

Zap
If there is one thing that Mahatma Gandhi stands for its REVENGE!!