Who Killed Superman?

Started by Bryan, March 10, 2005, 06:37:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darren Dirt

Quote from: "Lazybones"Superman died a long time ago, what after the second or was it the 3rd movie? Time travel? Like he didn't need more powers..

Silly tank mage.
Hence the words to this classic 90s song... Not so sure if this was also similarly inspired?

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Darren Dirt

Quote from: "Bryan"Was it like he died then came back in the same comic all those times?
Hmm, perhaps his death-yet-there-the-next-episode is what inspired certain modern pop culture characters* , including an artistic work I just discovered yesterday - humourously "drawn" and voiced by another fictional character.  (Especially love Issue 8) B)

*surprisingly, That Most Famous Of Southpark Quotes (re. Kenny) is absent from the IMDB page. Alert the media. :P

Mr. Analog

Hmm, Superman dead... again...

This is a comic that I have from '87 where Supes nearly bites it.

I wonder if Silver Banshee knows about the Skulls in Paragon City?
By Grabthar's Hammer

Mr. Analog

Quote from: "Darren Dirt"
Quote from: "Bryan"Was it like he died then came back in the same comic all those times?
Hmm, perhaps his death-yet-there-the-next-episode is what inspired certain modern pop culture characters* , including an artistic work I just discovered yesterday - humourously "drawn" and voiced by another fictional character.  (Especially love Issue 8) B)

*surprisingly, That Most Famous Of Southpark Quotes (re. Kenny) is absent from the IMDB page. Alert the media. :P
Worldwide starlets get much boys, or so I have read...
By Grabthar's Hammer

Bryan

QUOTE (Bryan @ Mar 10 2005, 02:24 PM)
and if they'd bring back the original X-Men cartoons, or make one thats more serious like the old one, that would be great.  

For what it is, Evolution isn't bad. I just don't like the new character treatment for some of my favourites (Rogue, Iceman, Pyro, etc...).

Thats what I was thinking. They've made them all younger to appeal to the younger generation. Another cartoon for the diehard generation would be fantastic.

-----> http://www.stickdeath.com/ <-----
click on "Martyr Machine" f'n hilarious!!!!

Darren Dirt

Quote from: "Mr. Analog"
Quote from: "Darren Dirt"
Worldwide starlets get much boys, or so I have read...
IT'S OVER!  :D  

Darren Dirt

Quote from: Mr. Analog on March 10, 2005, 09:10:59 PM
Hmm, Superman dead... again...

The Death* and Return of Superman -- dramatised and HEAVILY MOCKED (but now I "get it" how/who Doomsday is, in simple terms :) )
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PlwDbSYicM <-- 16 minutes of bang-on parody, with a bit of NSFW language

* as depicted in 1992's Action Comics Volume 2 #75 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Death_of_Superman)

Mr. Analog

IN A WORLD that is SEVEN YEARS LATER

Darren GETS IT
By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

Quote from: Mr. Analog on February 18, 2012, 06:47:04 AM
IN A WORLD that is SEVEN YEARS LATER

Darren GETS IT

- I don't read comics
- I don't read comic fan material
- the video I linked to is a recent production ("Uploaded by darosthemovie on Feb 3, 2012") MOCKING something that happened, as you pointed out, quite some time ago (still is funny though!)
- I rarely start a new thread when I think it is on-topic with something already in the forum -- even if the existing thread is SEVEN YEARS old. ;)
- EDIT: just realized you said "gets it" cuz I said "I finally get it" (but I was referring specifically to Doomsday origins, as I said explained in simplified terms in the vid.
- wtf am I still doing up this late?
- relative to our chat earlier this month I guess this actually not even really very late
- bullet lists r00l.

Mr. Analog

I'm not complaining I just found it amuse

:)
By Grabthar's Hammer