For All You Browncoats Out There...

Started by Ustauk, April 27, 2005, 11:51:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ustauk

...the full trailer for Serenity is out!

http://www.apple.com/trailers/universal/serenity/

This is probably the rural Albertan in me coming out, but all I can say is...Yeeee Haaaw!

Also, all the capes out there, the full trailer for Batman Begins is out.  If the trailer is any indication, this doesn't look too bad, more like the first movie.

http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/batman_begins/trailer4/

Darren Dirt

Shiny! September 2005 was the last 'release date' I heard, but then again the studio bumped up H2G2 by a week, so one can cross your fingers. Maybe if somebody shows up at the studio execs' offices and points Vera in their faces... Hmm...

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Ustauk

Quote from: "Darren Dirt"Shiny! September 2005 was the last 'release date' I heard, but then again the studio bumped up H2G2 by a week, so one can cross your fingers. Maybe if somebody shows up at the studio execs' offices and points Vera in their faces... Hmm...
Hopefully there's enough Firefly fans out there for it to do well.

And for those of you wondering what Vera is...
http://www.fireflywiki.org/Firefly/CallahanFullboreAutolock

Darren Dirt

ARGH!

I had typed out a very emotionally-driven (!) collection o' verbiage, and when I hit Submit the RW server was down I guess :( The ONE time I don't SelectAllCopy before hitting submit! So here is an attempt to capture my thoughts from my ever-fading memory... Enjoy ;)

- - -

There's shiny, there's shiny, and then there's this.

This trailer.

Wow. :o :D

After the H2G2 Internet-only trailer a few weeks ago, and now this :o well, I must now hereby decree 2005 as...

Quote"The Year Of The Movie Trailers That Make Tears Well Up In Your Eyes With Unrepressed Joy And Your Tummy Do Flip-Flops From The Sheer Simple Childish Far-Reaching Wonder That The Art Of Sci-Fi-Adventure Film-making Can Bring You"

From the scenes I saw I have to say that I am happy to see that Joss has indeed managed to come up with a story that will please both camps: the FireFlyFans(.net) aka Browncoats, and also those n00bs who have only heard intriguing snippets about this show (and maybe even those who claim to hate it). Looks like a unique and challenging story that would stand on its own, yet it looks like it will also be faithful to those characters (and their history up to the end of the series) that some of us have grown very attached to - even to the point of immitation at times.

Seriously, anyone who has not seen the series would be blown away by what the Serenity trailer promises. And fFans of the series will just grin ear-to-ear knowingly, happy to see that Joss did in fact manage to do what skeptics said he couldn't do.

And kudos, excellent marketing, Suits Of Universal, you've shown just enough to get people excited without being too elitist and making this look like some indie cult film... And I must end with a declaration that my first impression while (and after!) seeing this megatrailer was *way* more "wow" than what The Lucas finally threw our way, impressive though that was.

Assuming editing and FX are what we optimists are expecting, Wheden deserves and will be given the greenlight to do at least 2 more films to explore further this imaginative universe. Blue Sun beware!

I'm gonna pop this onto the ol' telescreen at home and share it with my brother and his son... Be warned, Alliance feds, there might just be 2 more dissenters navigating The Sky...

"I don't care, I'm still free..."

Darren Dirt

"Kaylee" was at a screening of The Film recently... Excellent article, without any real "spoilers" *cough* *Sith reviewers* *cough* - check it out --> http://www.freecolorado.com/2005/05/staite.html

Tom

Awesome. I saw a "slightly shorter, but yet the same" trailer a while back... This and Batman, I think are two films I'm actually going make an effort to see  :)
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Darren Dirt

Quote from: "Tom"Awesome. I saw a "slightly shorter, but yet the same" trailer a while back... This and Batman, I think are two films I'm actually going make an effort to see  :)
You're gorram right, cowboy ;)