Star Wars Episode III review!

Started by Darren Dirt, May 05, 2005, 04:24:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darren Dirt

Okay I'm kidding about not knowing that. Duh.

But here's a link to an article mentioning Smith's sneak (p)review of the face-in-lava scene (and probably the rest of the flick too, but really, isn't that the main reason most of us will pay $12 to Lucas?) --> http://www.cinecon.com/news.php?id=05042710

Gee, I wonder if he's letting this praise-filled "review" go public in payment for this? ;) :o :P

-Oh and I'm saying this for no particular reason or to anyone in particular ;) but may I remind those who are surely considering looking online for it (again, to spare paying $12 to Lucas, presumably) have a look at this interesting /. comment about "copyright"  B)  

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Shayne

Ive been reading spoilers for a week or so now, its sounding very interesting.  Im not a big fan of star wars, infact i think its a horrible franchise with a total reliance on good vs. evil plot development.

That said, i will be seeing the movie sometime during the first week of its release.

Does Edmotnon have a digital theater yet?  or are we still all reel2reel?

Darren Dirt

I'm pretty sure that SilverCity WEM is digital, and therefore it's likely that SouthEdmontonCommon and Northside Ciniplex bigseat theatres are as well... I recall that Finding Nemo when it first played here, in one of those 3, was a digital showing. I'm guessing that the technology may be there in the above theatres, just most movies are not released as digital to the theatres unless the popularity calls for it? I'm just guessing...

How can one tell, anyway?

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Mr. Analog

Call me weird but I like the feeling I get from going into an older theatre, like Claireview or Ed Centre, I really loath the McDesign of the ubertheatres and the fact that I have to get a ride there.

Long live the local theatre!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Shayne

...im pretty sure that Silvercity is R2R.  I dont think Edmonton has a true digital theater.

Small crappy theaters like Clairview SUCK.  Long live ubertheathers!

Mr. Analog

We must do battle!

Blind fist of Fury!
By Grabthar's Hammer