The Tower Lounge and Grand Prix

Started by Ustauk, July 11, 2005, 08:01:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ustauk

Melbosa, do you know if the Tower Lounge at NAIT will be open during the CHAMP car race on the weekend, or did someone close it off and sell tickets from it?

Melbosa

Not sure.  They haven't really said much about it yet.  Although that is the exact opposite end of the airport of where the race track is.
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Ustauk

Quote from: "Melbosa"Not sure.  They haven't really said much about it yet.  Although that is the exact opposite end of the airport of where the race track is.
Doh!  I guest you get what you pay for  :)

Mr. Analog

Can't we just watch it on TV for free?
By Grabthar's Hammer

Shayne

Mr. Analog

There are a lot of advantages to watching the race on TV...

-Cheap non-watered down beer
-Birds eye view of everything
-Easy access to toilets
-When it gets boring you can change the channel

:)
By Grabthar's Hammer

Shayne

...negatives include that in CART its the "Paul Tracy Show", even if hes in last, they feel the need to follow his in-car-camera for 15-20 minutes at a time, and focus on every little decision the team makes.

Melbosa

Actually supposed to be one of the best venues for the races.  85% of the raceway is supposed to be visible from any seat, as opposed to 15-20% on any of the other courses in the league.  And its supposed to be a mini-exposition outside the race, as I know you can buy a day pass, but not a ticket for the race.  Might be worth checking it out.
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Darren Dirt

Quote from: "Melbosa"Actually supposed to be one of the best venues for the races.  85% of the raceway is supposed to be visible from any seat, as opposed to 15-20% on any of the other courses in the league.  And its supposed to be a mini-exposition outside the race, as I know you can buy a day pass, but not a ticket for the race.  Might be worth checking it out.
I'm not a RL racing fan by any stretch of the imagicination, however as I was reading a few peppy articles in the Sun I thought it would have actually been cool to be there, to see this 3-in-1 race track in its virgin event, to see the mighty Paul Tracy or one of the other 3 Canajuns actually bring home the gold!

Then I remembered that it's a pretty boring and environmentally wasteful sport without the bonus colour commentary on TV, and to actually be there live would duck too since I hate people (though I love gatherings, ironic eh) so I'm gonna do laundry or something on Sunday... Somebody post here if any fatal crashes happen k?

Strive for progress. Not perfection.