Games before Xbox360..a list. (add if you want)

Started by Shayne, July 14, 2005, 04:23:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shayne

Okay, so i was a little disappointed with BF2.  I was hoping for my summer thriller to keep my going, alas it hasnt really.  So i went through EBGames's website and found the games im looking forwards to, and their release (re: ship) dates.

August
Madden NFL 2006 - 8/8/2005
Dungeon Siege II - 8/16/2005
NASCAR 2006: Chase For The Cup - 8/30/2005

September
Kingdom Under Fire Heroes - 9/13/2005
Burnout Revenge - 9/20/2005
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2006 - 9/20/2005
Fable: The Lost Chapters - 9/20/2005
The Suffering: Ties That Bind - 9/26/2005

October
Age of Empires III - 10/3/2005
Serious Sam II - 10/10/2005
F.E.A.R. - 10/11/2005
Call of Duty 2 - 10/11/2005
Godfather - Delayed
The Movies - 10/24/2005

..this is my list.  However i may have missed some as my ear isnt as low to the ground as its been in previous years.  So if you have any that i may have missed, please add them below.

If you have not pre-ordered your Xbox360 yet, and plan to, do so ASAP, as locations throughout the city have already reached their max "allowed"

Shayne

Godfather is a no go.  Been delayed till Q1 2006.

QuoteAlthough Q4 2005 was already looking packed with game releases, there was one offer gamers couldn't refuse. The Godfather, Electronic Arts' adaptation of Francis Ford Coppola's classic 1972 mafia movie epic, was at the top of many shopping lists. Besides the game's subject matter and Grand Theft Auto-style gameplay, it has the novelty of being one of EA's few M-rated games. It also appeals to owners of every non-Nintendo platform, with PC, PSP, Xbox, and PlayStation 2 versions due out this year and an Xbox 360 edition also in development

However, today would-be-Mafiosi learned they won't be able to muscle in on any virtual rackets this year. In a press release timed to go out alongside its annual summer press event, EA announced that all current-generation versions of The Godfather would be released during the company's fourth fiscal quarter. EA's fiscal year does not end at midnight on December 31, instead concluding on March 31, 2006, as do those of many game companies wishing to add holiday sales to their annual earnings.

...stock takes a hit too, which i find sorta suprising as i didnt think this title was all that huge...

QuoteWhen the biggest publisher takes one of the biggest games of the year and pumps its planned release schedule fill of lead, it can expect to hear about it from analysts and investors. Today, the Street spoke. At press time, Electronic Arts shares were trading at $57.99--up from a mid-day low of $56.98--a $2.33 dip from Thursday's closing price of $60.32.

Ustauk

November
Star Wars: Battlefront II
Jedi and space maps and a storyline, oh my! :)  There's a good interview on Gamespot with one of the producers of the game.  I can't post a link because Gamespots filtered for me at work :(

Shayne

Quote from: "Ustauk"November
Star Wars: Battlefront II
Jedi and space maps and a storyline, oh my! :)  There's a good interview on Gamespot with one of the producers of the game.  I can't post a link because Gamespots filtered for me at work :(
I hope we get an Xbox360 version.  That would be kick ass on Live.  The first one was horrible, so i hope the second time around might be better.

Mr. Analog

Battlefront would be a lot more fun to play with larger levels (like Tribes-sized or bigger)
By Grabthar's Hammer

Shayne

Quote from: "Mr. Analog"Battlefront would be a lot more fun to play with larger levels (like Tribes-sized or bigger)
...and maps that were not tied directly to the movie in how they should be executed.

Ustauk

Quote from: "Mr. Analog"Battlefront would be a lot more fun to play with larger levels (like Tribes-sized or bigger)
That's part of the reasoning behind the space maps, to give the fighters some space to maneuver, rather then having em constantly circling back.  Hopfully the ground maps will be larger, too.