Xbox 360 ... FINALLY

Started by Shayne, November 22, 2005, 07:49:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shayne

This morning i was finally able to pick up my console.  Having it pre-ordered since July 5, 2005, i've been anticipating this launch for oh so very long.  More so then the previous generation.

So at 6:15 this morning i went into EB (preorder got to browse the store without the "other customers") and picked it all up.

Here it is:

..ive spent the last hour on Xbox Live Marketplace downloading games, trailers, etc.  Probably the coolest feature this generation will have.

Ive tried to connect to my media pc, but im having a few issues with that, im sure its that im missing a windows update patch or something.

iPod works like a charm.  Plug it in, it scans the directories and shows you  your songs and playlists.  A++.

The rest of the day is all about gaming.  Though PD0 might be delayed till tomorrow!!  Im gonna check out futureshop at 9:00 and see if they got it in, EB didnt.

Melbosa

Nice.  Me want, me have no money to buy :(
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Cova

Hmm..., I think the only way to do a decent job of describing my own situation right now is to blatantly copy this blurb from an article I came across earlier today...

"You?ve done the worst thing you could possibly have done: You told yourself you didn?t need an Xbox 360, resisted the lure of the pre-order schemes, only to wake this morning in a ring of sweat smelling of Mountain Dew and fear. Tonight other people would be playing a new videogame system without you."

Except for maybe that last bit - I could care less what other people are doing - I just want a 360 and PGR3.  Of course, everywhere is sold out except a few of the core console kicking around, which I'm not interested in.  Oh well - the experiment begins - we get to see how MS's distribution can keep up and how long it takes for a 360 to end up in my living room.

Shayne

I was rather suprised at the lines this morning when i headed out.

PD0 on the other hand has eluded me thus far.  Ive called everywhere and its sold out.  Looks like im on the bench waiting for this one :(

Melbosa

Some interesting launch day blunders from Gamespot:

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6140287.html

This one being particularly funny:

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6140176.html

Melbosa

LOL

QuoteOn Tuesday, GameSpot staffers witnessed even more chaotic scenes at the local Target in Colma, on the Peninsula south of San Francisco. There, a lone security guard spent most of the night shooing an increasingly unruly crowd away from the parking lot. The situation nearly spun out of control around 7am, when the guard left his post for five minutes, prompting a mass influx of would-be customers eager to receive vouchers good for a 360.

When he returned, the security guard's attempts to get the over 100-person crowd to form a line were rebuffed until the arrival of police and a California National Guardsman around 8am. A trio of veteran GameSpotters witnessed the Guardsman quickly take control of the situation and move to the head of the line--where he promptly turned around and asked for a 360 voucher himself. The Guardsman then promptly fled the scene, voucher in hand, leaving police, Target employees, and a visibly agitated crowd to fend for themselves.

Mr. Analog

I wonder, if you play a Sony CD, do you get the rootkit? :lol:
By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

Hmmm good question, I can bet, if it still exists, when you do it on a PS3 you sure will :P, if its not installed by default by Sony on their manufaturing of the PS3.

Mags

Friend of mine was told there would only be one more shipment before Christmas. If that's true it's going to be crazy. Expect $3000 x-box's in the papers.
"Bleed all over them, let them know you're there!"

Melbosa

Quote from: "Mags"Friend of mine was told there would only be one more shipment before Christmas. If that's true it's going to be crazy. Expect $3000 x-box's in the papers.

You mean like this: http://cgi.ebay.com/XBOX-360-IN-HAND-AND-READY-TO-SHIP_W0QQitemZ8235328945QQcategoryZ62054QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Mr. Analog

Already one $5000 sold on eBay. It's nuts, there won't even be any good original titles until 1st Quarter next year.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Cova

I can't confirm the total number of shipments from now till x-mas, but when I asked at Future-Shop when they'd be getting more the dude told me 2nd week of december (which happens to start in a little under 2 weeks), and that they aren't taking pre-orders for that shipment.

Edit:  EB saying 2 weeks till next shipment, Best-Buy has no idea when their next ones are coming.  Seems odd to me that Best-Buy (the launch partner) doesn't know when more are coming but everyone else does.

Shayne

Rogers on Jasper is getting 2 for sale tomorrow.  Its a long shot, but possible Cova (same price too $499)

As for no decent titles till Q1 2005, Perfect Dark & PGR3 are incredible.  Though im a little annoyed that you are right in that my next couple purchases are early 2005 (Full Auto, Oblivion, Gears of War, Ghost Recon).

Overall, after spending the day with it, im very impressed.

Speaking of $1000 xboxes, at EB this morning a preorder guy bought his, took it to the parking lot and sold it to a guy waiting in line for $900.  I was asked if id sell mine for the same price as i was heading to my car...i thought about it, but the guy inside told me 2 weeks till next shipment...thought better of it.

Come mid Feb their will be such a surplus im sure their will be regrets.

Darren Dirt

Sorta-on-this-topic: Yay, the Southgate E.B. just opened in the old CompuCentre location. It's bright and roomy in there right now, i.e. scarce stock (lots of XBox and PS2 games, natch) but at least it's finally open :)

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Lazybones

Just saw some reports on Xbox-Scene that many units might be defective and are crashing regularly.. Lets hope it none of those made it to Canada.