Parallels VM on Mac with Coherence mode

Started by Lazybones, December 12, 2006, 01:39:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lazybones

http://lifehacker.com/software/parallels/hack-attack-how-to-run-windows-and-mac-apps-sidebyside-with-parallels-221002.php

Very cool, it does something that VMware doesn't.. It blends to OS desktops in real time.

There is a New VMware for Mac x86 on the way, but Parallels is looking very good right now.

Shayne

I saw this video a day or 2 ago and it really had me interested.  I simply boot windows on my Macbook as Alyson prefers it over OSX (used to it maybe?) but I like how "complete" OSX is, if I can get the best of both worlds in a single desktop, how could I not consider it :)

Lazybones

Quote from: Shayne on December 12, 2006, 01:49:22 PM
I saw this video a day or 2 ago and it really had me interested.  I simply boot windows on my Macbook as Alyson prefers it over OSX (used to it maybe?) but I like how "complete" OSX is, if I can get the best of both worlds in a single desktop, how could I not consider it :)

So  you are using Bootcamp then? Apparently Parallels will be implementing or have where the boot camp install is run in the VM.

Shayne

I do use bootcamp, im actually very impressed with it.  Builds a driver disc and everything.  A++.

Adams

Makes me think about getting a mac book for my new job. Damn thats sweet. I remember back way back they used to have a mac / pc computer and if you hit a certain key combo you could switch between Windows 98 and Mac OS 7.5.

Very Cool.
"Life is make up of 2 types of people...
50% of People who do want to do things
50% of people who do not want to do things
The rest are all forced to do things."