Live from Macworld 2007

Started by Lazybones, January 09, 2007, 10:09:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shayne

Ya, thinner then the Blackjack and Q.  I was so close to getting a Blackjack but now I am heavilly on the fence

Shayne

Im already on Rogers, im hoping for a Hardware Upgrade path

Shayne

Similar web technology in Safari that Opera is sporting

Shayne

Apple Stock is up 3% already today.

...4.26%
...4.87%
...4.97%
...5.08%
...5.23%
...5.65%
...6.19%
...6.25%
...6.39%

...well, im done updating this now, crazy.

Lazybones

If this thing works HALF as well as they show it to, it completely shames ANY PDA/SmartPhone on the market...

Accept I don't see anything about corporate PUSH email, just the Yahoo stuff...

Shayne

Apple put up a quote earlier that said something abotu software makers making there own hardware.  This iphone just screams that, they had the software and designed the hardware around it.  I will totally agree with you Lazy, this thing is so far ahead of anything else available.

Shayne

I wanted a next gen iPod though :(  120GB, widescreen touch interface

Shayne

"A lot of these phones have low battery life. We've managed to get 5 hours of battery of talk time, video, and browsing. 16 hours of audio playback."

That is crazy good considering the size.  No HDD helps as it now has no moving parts, but still

Shayne

$499 - 4GB
$599 - 8GB

...available in June

Lazybones

Quote from: Shayne on January 09, 2007, 11:47:31 AM
$499 - 4GB
$599 - 8GB

...available in June

As of this second they OWN the personal DATA device market on GSM.. No question..

Too bad I am on a contract...  This device would be enough to make me switch to GSM.

Shayne

http://media.macrumorslive.com/p/1168368240-thumb.jpg ... now that...is a bluetooth headset that i like :)  probably doesn't sit well but its not like those horrible giant ones people wear all the time now.  Do people really get calls every 30 seconds to warrant it?

Shayne

I don't think i can do $599 on a 2 year contract, thats probably going to be $649 in Canada

Lazybones

Quote from: Shayne on January 09, 2007, 11:49:37 AM
http://media.macrumorslive.com/p/1168368240-thumb.jpg ... now that...is a bluetooth headset that i like :)  probably doesn't sit well but its not like those horrible giant ones people wear all the time now.  Do people really get calls every 30 seconds to warrant it?

There are plenty of non ugly ones on the market, but everyone just gets the $50 MOTO ones the phone store has...
I don't ware mine during the day at work.. Mostly when I am on the move, in the car, and sometimes when I forget it is there..

Shayne

Quote from: Lazybones on January 09, 2007, 11:49:29 AMThis device would be enough to make me switch to GSM.

Is Rogers the only GSM carrier in Canada?  I did some quick looking around and it would look like it.  So we are going to be stuck with them for the most part.  Hopefully Cingular doesnt strangle hold this for to long, ebay is an option.

Lazybones

Quote from: Shayne on January 09, 2007, 11:51:36 AM
I don't think i can do $599 on a 2 year contract, thats probably going to be $649 in Canada

It's a HELL of a lot cheaper than the first Rasz, for a data device that does JUST WHAT THEY HAVE demoed it is well worth it.