Fragapalooza 2007

Started by Mr. Analog, March 10, 2007, 03:14:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

Ok. Groovy. $150 ish for the week end isn't too bad.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Cova

Ok, Sphincter wants unused seating reservations back.  I need to know if anyone hasn't yet registered/reserved a seat.  Also - if you guys want to be at the end of the row, move up ASAP.  Same thing if you want to be on both sides of the walkway back-to-back, or all down one side as you are now.  In the near future the reservation will be shrinking from the bottom up until it gets to you guys (possibly with a reserved seat or two below you if there are still people missing).

Mr. Analog

Well, I think Curtis expressed interest. I'll talk to him, but as far as I know everyone is in...
By Grabthar's Hammer

Cova

I'm going to assume since no-one moved at all that you don't want to sit back-to-back on both sides of the row.  In that case I'm going to let Sphincter take the right-side of the reservation.

Mr. Analog

Are we allowed to spread out by one seat? So instead of being next to each other we fill every other spot?
By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

I think that is why Sphinc wants them back, we are running out of room ???  You could try though, but if someone takes the spot, then you'll be sitting by a stranger... which shouldn't be a bit issue, as Frag should be considered a good experience to meet new people.
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Tom

QuoteI think that is why Sphinc wants them back, we are running out of room Huh?
Wow, I remember seeing lots of empty space every time I go :o

Melbosa

It was just a guess... I'm not completely sure why he wants the space, but that makes sense to me, to give other 6 man groups a place to sit next to each other if they want...

Ustauk

When I told a co-worker that I was going to Frag at the end of July, they asked why we hold it in the summer.  Why do we?  When it was an aircraft hanger before I imagine there'd be inadequate heating, but I imagine the Mayfield provides enough heat in the winter.  Is it cheaper to rent the halls in the summer?  Do we get more high school students off for the summer this way?

Melbosa

That would be a question for the Frag forums Ustauk, although I believe the summer break does take into account the student intake from Gradeschools.

Lazybones

Quote from: Ustauk on July 16, 2007, 09:02:02 AM
When I told a co-worker that I was going to Frag at the end of July, they asked why we hold it in the summer.  Why do we?  When it was an aircraft hanger before I imagine there'd be inadequate heating, but I imagine the Mayfield provides enough heat in the winter.  Is it cheaper to rent the halls in the summer?  Do we get more high school students off for the summer this way?

If I recall correctly from a previous Frag discussion:
- Students are out of school and they are a very big part of the frag demographic
- Summer makes for easier and safer loading and unloading of equipment and travel
- Common vacation time for most people

Ustauk

Quote from: Lazybones on July 16, 2007, 09:57:43 AM
Quote from: Ustauk on July 16, 2007, 09:02:02 AM

If I recall correctly from a previous Frag discussion:
- Students are out of school and they are a very big part of the frag demographic
- Summer makes for easier and safer loading and unloading of equipment and travel
- Common vacation time for most people
Cool, that makes sense, thanks.

Cova

Quote from: Mr. Analog on July 15, 2007, 04:59:14 PM
Are we allowed to spread out by one seat? So instead of being next to each other we fill every other spot?

Well as it sits right now, if Curtis is in there are 6 of you sharing an 8-seat reservation.  The other one is Fruiteater, who is currently positioned right behind Tonnica - I think you'll all remember Nick from last year.  I don't expect Sphincter will bother me about getting 2 unused seats back - feel free to spread out as much as you want in that area.  Plus you can still grab seats across the row leaving more elbow-room in the reserved area.  I also don't know Aatis's plans (my youngest brother, currently sitting right behind Lazybones) - he had asked me for space in the reservation for him + his friends, and never got back to me with his list of friends.  They may end up taking most of the space behind you guys now that its open though.

I would reccomend someone take the seat just above ebbhead (the lowest one still reserved).  Past experience has shown me that guys next to our reserved section like to try and expand into it.  Even if you don't sit there, having it on the seating page will result in your name tag being taped to the table at that position - hopefully thats enough to keep other people expanding if they get in earlier than you guys.  The seats are reserved on that online thing - but at the event they'll either have a red paper with your name, or a green one saying the seat is free, no more reservations.

Tom

I took it. I assume I can move later If I want. :)

When do the Fraga Tee Shirts and hats come in?

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Tom on July 16, 2007, 06:11:30 PM
I took it. I assume I can move later If I want. :)

When do the Fraga Tee Shirts and hats come in?
They had lots at pre-reg, but they're all gone now. They'll have more at the event, though how much and what sizes remains to be determined...
By Grabthar's Hammer