Fragapalooza 2007

Started by Mr. Analog, March 10, 2007, 03:14:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

QuoteThey had lots at pre-reg, but they're all gone now.
I ordered a shirt and hat at registration. Just wondering when they arrive. First day? or before?
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Tom on July 17, 2007, 03:07:05 AM
QuoteThey had lots at pre-reg, but they're all gone now.
I ordered a shirt and hat at registration. Just wondering when they arrive. First day? or before?
Oh, in that case they should be at the door when you hand in your waiver and get your id (etc) unless they don't have all their stock there right away in which case it may be Friday or even Saturday.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Ah, Good to know :) Thanks.

Oh and nice Jinmay ;)
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

Everyone pumped!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?

Gonna be a good one!
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Mr. Analog

I trust everything connected... at that last minute ;)
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

I'm sad because the forums are so quiet because everyone's at Frag :(
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Thorin on July 28, 2007, 12:54:15 PM
Nyaa nyaa!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

Quote from: Thorin on July 28, 2007, 12:54:15 PM

I guess I'm nobody then? ;)

Seriously though, considering it was pre-frag I'm very happy to see the responses re. wisdom teeth so thanks everybody!

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Mr. Analog

I hafta say; FRAGA was GREAT this year!

Well organized
Lots of great stuff to see and do
Supreme Commander (FTW!)

I honestly have nothing to gripe about...
By Grabthar's Hammer

Ustauk

I had a blast, it was great to play with all you guys.  Supreme Commander was fun, even though I kept getting my arse kicked, and I had a lot of fun playing assault maps off of Mr. A's Unreal Tournament 2004 server :)

Tonnica

SupCom was defenitely the big winner of this years' Fraga. I'm not even a fan of RealTimeStrategies (I prefer TacticalRPGs) but it's just the right mix of fun, intuitive controls, and neat themes/graphics. Wish I could have got up and running earlier but I found plenty of other fun things to do. There was a Nintendo booth and I got to go to the Club SLi do on saturday night. I also managed to get into the final dozen for rock-paper-scissors. I defenitely appreciate everyones' support while I was PC-less. Having hardware go down during Fraga is agony and I was defenitely cheered up.

Once my computer was finally up and running that is. I hit some bad luck and had to exchange a few things for working items. In the end though I think I've got a rig that will last me a good long time. For fun here's my setup:
Asus Striker Extreme w/ DualDDR2 800, SupremeFX 7.1 Audio, Dual GB Lan, 1394, Dual PCI-E x16 SLi
Intel Core?2 Duo Processor E6850
Corsair 2GB XMS2-6400 Dominator TWIN2X Dual Channel DDR2 Kit (2 x 1GB)
2x eVGA e-GeForce 8800 GTS 640MB PCI-E w/ Dual DVI, HDTV-Out running with SLi
1x Seagate 500GB Barracuda 7200.10 SATA II w/ NCQ, 16MB Cache
Asus DRW-1814BLT 18x Dual Layer DVD+/-RW w/ Lightscribe
That Antec 900 Gamer case that almost everyone else had that's a bit too heavy but is loaded for bear with powerful, powerful fans

I'm not allowing myself to buy anything expensive for the next three months after a purchase of this significance.

I can do anything ANYTHING and no chop, slowdown, or waiting. I can zoom in all the way in Supreme Commander and still scroll around at top speed while I've got other things running in the background. I doubt I'll even need to consider upgrading to quad core or the next big thing until at least 5 years from now. Can I borrow a cup of ice? She just runs so hot!

Lazybones

I picked the box for your PSU Tonnica in case you wanted it for the warranty, if not I will chuck it out.

Melbosa

I hope you all had a great time, and hope you snagged some decent prizes as well.  Man did we have a lot to give away this year.

From a Staff point of view, the Network was a pain to get together, as we rebuilt about 80% of it.  But during the event it was flawless.  Could have dealt with better heat control, and wouldn't have minded if there weren't any fights during the event (stinkin' CS players).  Other than that, it went off pretty well.  Wouldn't mind being a little more organized on the fun events next year, and is something I am bringing up at the next Frag Staff Meeting.

Melbosa

Oh and for games I must say, Rainbow Six: Las Vegas was a huge hit with the staff.  'Cause of the lack of problems, this is really the first year I can remember where the staff was able to really sit down and play some games.  This one was so popular with the staff I hear all are practicing up for MegaFPS coming up.