Fraga! So who's going?

Started by Mr. Analog, March 21, 2007, 09:08:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

Well, I've registered. But man, the price has gone up? $75? Man.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Melbosa

Its only $10 more than last year.  Utilities have gone up that much alone for the event.  $75/4 = $18.75/d, cheaper than the movies.

People complain about this every year.  Cost of living goes up every year; so does the event.  Live with it.  (not directing this solely at you Tom, just watched the bitchers last night on IRC go on and on about this - so a bit of a rant here).
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Tom

Heh. It did seem a bit of a jump. I ended up picking up a shirt and hat as well so I look 1337 the first day (or when ever they arrive). I think I only had to pay $60 last year for a non early bird entrance. so 75 for early seemed a little off. but meh. Not that important.

Ustauk

I'm booked.  Perhaps we could grab a table closer to the main table, for the convenience of Mel and Cova.

Lazybones

I am registered and paid!
Got in under the first 200 here is hoping for the big prizes this year, I could use an upgrade.

Tom

Hmm, does it let you know if you got in under the first 200? Otherwise how do you tell? (I doubt I did, but just want to make sure)

Lazybones

Look at the who's coming page. It doesn't count until you pay.

Tom

Sweet, I did make it :D

edit: I'm 110 :D

Tonnica

I'm registered. Earlier this morning I was 92, now I'm 98. Looks like they were jiggering with the numbers. Not sure what they were up to, but still.

Lazybones

Anyone notice how few sub 1000 reg ID's have registered?

I would like to see some stats on how many people return every year. Seems like there is lots of turn over looking at the reg numbers.

Tom

Not that I'd be below 1000, but I couldn't find my old username/pw/email, so this account is a new one. If any of the staff here can fix it, I'd be under Mauler/Thomas Fjellstrom :D

Melbosa

Email fpadmin@fragapalooza.ca if you want your old account instead of the new one.
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Mr. Analog

The forum usually has Frag counts though only to a few years ago (I think).
By Grabthar's Hammer

Cova

Those ID numbers that are all up in the 1000's haven't been re-started at #1 for ... a LOT of frags, at least 5 or 6.  And there are a LOT of people who come every year, but can't remember their password when they go to register so they just make a new account.  I'd almost say that during frag sitting at the reg desk, when random_noob_038 walks up and I type in their name to find 'em, it's more likely to find multiple accounts for their name than just a single one.

As for who's coming..., lets see if we can't turn this thread into a #.

Mr. Analog - confirmed
Lazybones - confirmed
Ustauk - confirmed
Tom - confirmed
Tonnica - confirmed
Fruiteater - confirmed (Nick from last year - the guy with the clear case that was just down a couple seats from Mel)

makes 6 so far (not counting staff).  Would you still want to sit back-to-back down 2 rows as we normally do with only that many?  or just 6 in a row along one row?

As for location - go take a look at the seating page and decide if you want to move from where we were last year.  If you want to be over on the side by the stairs/exits (far from the entrance) you have to be at least 3 or 4 rows away from the head table, basically where we were last year.  That area reserved for "seating admin" was put there just cause thats the area I had last year, it's available for RW, though it'll likely be shrunk down to 8 or 10 seats depending on how many are going.  To get closer to the head table you'd have to move down near the area reserved for 'gatekeeper seating' - personally I think they got the good area reserved there already.  If you move closer to head table you end up with all the foot traffic right behind you, and crowding whenever there's an event on the projectors (though you'd be close to said events too without having to get up).

Anyways, if you want to move away from where the reserved area is - just start grabbing seats in that area asap to keep others out, and I'll get the reservation moved around when I can.

Tom

I'd like to suggest an area that will be the lowest temperature, maybe by one of the large doors that may or may not open. And possibly not near the areas that the stinkier geeks ;)