Spore Pics, Vids, Stuff Thread

Started by Melbosa, June 16, 2008, 04:59:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Melbosa

So encase you didn't get it, my handle (account name) is Melbosa on the game.  I assume Lazybones that is yours.  Anyone else playing?
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Lazybones

Yep, I grabbed your ID and Mags from your posts... In game check the download options, if you select buddies only it should only auto download Maxis and Buddy creatures into the game.

One thing I have noticed is that if you want to complete objectives you kind of have no choice but to add body parts that give you the required abilities.

Melbosa

Quote from: Lazybones on September 11, 2008, 02:27:48 PM
Yep, I grabbed your ID and Mags from your posts... In game check the download options, if you select buddies only it should only auto download Maxis and Buddy creatures into the game.

Well you shouldn't get anything downloaded unless we set up Sporecasts (groups of creations).  That is how you share with others automatically.  Otherwise it is a manual process.  This is of course assuming the Buddy only option.

Quote from: Lazybones on September 11, 2008, 02:27:48 PM
One thing I have noticed is that if you want to complete objectives you kind of have no choice but to add body parts that give you the required abilities.

Not sure what you mean by this?  Do you mean the "achievements" hidden in the game, if you mean objectives?  Or are you talking about the "missions" the game hand feeds you?  Just asking as I haven't had much trouble with only using the looks I want.

Really though the first 4 or so (until the space era) really don't count for much.  Other than getting that special ability in the final stage, the first 4 are only for character look and empire design.  The space stage is by far the largest, and the time the game developers spent the most on in terms of game play (I'm sure the character/building/vehicle creation system took a while to make).  I would say that is the big meat and potatoes of the game there.

And I think the Space Era (from my experiences - have completed the progress bar in the Space Era) it is open ended.  You know where you pick your "New" game at the entry screen?  That is basically the whole universe that you can eventually transverse with your space ships.  Once your Space Drive is big enough, you can scroll out to see how your star system fits into the entry screen's universe view.  Not sure if you can eventually interact with other saved games (take over yourself in another game that is in progress), although with the way the game is designed, it would surprise me if you did (well at least in that games last saved state - may not affect it's future in it's own game).

Lazybones

In the creature phase you can't befriend another type of creature unless you can satisfy the social abilitys.. IE a mouth to sing, arms to pose, feet to dance, exec. As you need to mimic the other creature.

Being aggressive about all you need is a mouth as you can kill almost anything by biting it enough.

Melbosa

Quote from: Lazybones on September 11, 2008, 02:45:29 PM
In the creature phase you can't befriend another type of creature unless you can satisfy the social abilitys.. IE a mouth to sing, arms to pose, feet to dance, exec. As you need to mimic the other creature.

Only the social creatures will have all 4.  You can find creatures that only have 1 or 2 and still do the social (have done it).

What I wish you could do:  In the space age, I can't figure out how to have another one of your own ships as part of your fleet.  Only know how to ask allied races to lend their ships to your fleet.  Allies ships are always so far behind mine in technology, I would love to have a fleet of just my ships.

But I guess if you think of your ship as a representation of your galactic fleet of your race, it kinda makes a small bit of sense.  But then wouldn't you want to send out more than one armada of your fleet to different locations?

Lazybones

I haven't got that far yet, just installed LATE last night.

Melbosa

Huh... so I was wrong about the Sporecast stuff.  Guess it just downloads anything your buddies share.  Some nice designs so far everyone!

Lazybones

sporecast is just the YouTube feature, if I remember.

Mags

For other peoples ships so far I've only been able to get ships from my allies.

How is the stability for you guys so far. I BSOD like a mo-fo with this game, and Andy locks up like crazy. Not to mention the forums are ablaze with problems.
"Bleed all over them, let them know you're there!"

Melbosa

I only had it crash once on my Sis' machine in Manitoba.  It has been stable for me otherwise.  I have a bit of trouble trying to get old creatures to upload to my Spore account, as they just won't show up when I share them.

Having to try and re-finish the game on my own install is going to take a bit I think.  Military route is probably the easiest to finish the Space progress bar.  Economic I could see taking forever!  As it takes so much to purchase a T0 star system, I can't imagine trying to buy all the solar systems to finish the bar.

Lazybones

I haven't crashed once, however my creatures that I created with the basic creature creator do not show up in my local Sporpidia, however they have showing up in game?

I am very disappointing there are no stats in the Sporpida on how your creature is doing, I see news fee items on kills and stuff but I would really like to know how many times my creatures have been downloaded and if they are getting their asses whooped or if they are a challenging foe.

Melbosa

Quote from: Lazybones on September 12, 2008, 10:59:53 AM
I haven't crashed once, however my creatures that I created with the basic creature creator do not show up in my local Sporpidia, however they have showing up in game?

Check the Recently Downloaded tab, that is where mine showed up the first time I loaded the game!

Tom

<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Melbosa

Yeah been hearing and reading about that.

Lazybones

Yep, it is DRMed which totally sucks. However I don't see my self reinstalling it unless they extend it with lots of addons.