Soul Calibur IV

Started by Melbosa, August 25, 2008, 01:24:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Melbosa

Another one I was able to try while on leave from work.  I really haven't been very impressed with this series since the Dreamcast days.  Been a let down for me really.

PS3, and 360 only.

But thought I would give this one a try anyways, as Yoda might be kewl to play.  Well I was shocked on how much I enjoyed this one.  Game play feels like the Dreamcast days.  Plus the extras they added to the game (many modes to fight through - many challenges to meet) has actually made me purchase it.  Even a friend's 6-7 year old played with us for hours on it, as it really is not full of blood and gore.  It focuses more on the fighting and fun aspect than graphics, level design and such (not to say any of those are terrible, far from it!).

I would say if you are looking for a great fighting game for this generation of consoles, this is you game IMO.  So much so I have purchased it myself!
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Mr. Analog

Soul Calibur II to me was the best, pretty much everything afterword has been a let down.

I'd like to see more development go back to 2D fighters. Another Guilty Gear type game would be awesome!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Mr. Analog

Yarg, I may end up buying this game after all.

It sounds pretty cool.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

I did.  Bought it; Loved it!
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!