City of Heroes Revival!!!

Started by Melbosa, July 17, 2010, 06:04:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Melbosa

Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Darren Dirt

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Mr. Analog

Augh, I haven't had any time to log in lately.

Going Rogue just went live, I should jump on that Sunday!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

Going Rogue is fun actually... most peeps I've seen since CoV launch... fun to start over with some new archtypes.

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Melbosa on August 23, 2010, 08:35:42 AM
Going Rogue is fun actually... most peeps I've seen since CoV launch... fun to start over with some new archtypes.

I played a few hours of one of my old alts on Friday night, gotta try some of the new classes though!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

Hit me up through Steam or something when your on and I'll see if I can join... send me an email with times if I'm not on my computer (might just be upstairs at the time).

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Melbosa on August 23, 2010, 10:07:07 AM
Hit me up through Steam or something when your on and I'll see if I can join... send me an email with times if I'm not on my computer (might just be upstairs at the time).

It was quite by accident that I ended up playing, first I wanted to play TF2 but all the decent Pub servers were full, so I decided to shoot some arrows at some drug pushers haha :)

Also I discovered one of my router QoS settings had reset some time ago, I disabled it and my bandwidth nearly quadrupled, so a-torrenting I did go.

But yeah, I'll definitely look you up next time I'm on. Gotta start a new character with some of them funky new powers.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Melbosa on August 23, 2010, 11:09:57 AM
Did you buy Going Rogue?

Not yet :)

That's why I was playing one of my existing alts :)
By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

OK... not sure you can use the new archtypes without the expansion, but I know you can't go onto the new area without it.

But if you don't want to spend monies on the expansion, no biggy.  I'll join you with a new toon of my own if you want with any of your characters or a new one as well if you'd like :D.

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Melbosa on August 23, 2010, 01:37:13 PM
OK... not sure you can use the new archtypes without the expansion, but I know you can't go onto the new area without it.

But if you don't want to spend monies on the expansion, no biggy.  I'll join you with a new toon of my own if you want with any of your characters or a new one as well if you'd like :D.

You can't, but the expansion is pretty cheap so likely I will get it.

DUAL GUNS!!

Demon summoning sounds fun too...
By Grabthar's Hammer

Mr. Analog

I gotta dig up my old CoH page and update my characters :-B
By Grabthar's Hammer

Mr. Analog

So, I "went Rogue" yesterday, I have two new toons:

-The Transmigrant, lvl 6 dual pistols/power blaster, looks like a steampunk Victorian (top hat, long coat, etc, but with two laser sighted revolvers.

-Ignicia, lvl 6, fire/fire brute, looks like a fembot.

I like the dual pistols but I'm finding the recharge time on some attacks is bloodly slow as heck.

I love playing as a fire/fire brute, I made it to lvl 6 about twice as fast as my blaster (yay clumps of guys to wail on).

I decided to send The Transmigrant to join the resistance, their dialog is funny and the missions are full of interesting moral decisions.

Ignicia is on the side of law and order and is enjoying the fame that that brings. Some interesting political intrigue in the storyline there so far.

I like both toons, when I get them both to lvl 10 I'll have to choose one or the other, I guess it depends on what the other RW clan members powers are. I love playing brute but I need a defender or controller sometimes when I take on a mob of oranges or higher to help me keep my rage up without dying. Blaster is fun but again either a controller or a melee fighter would help keep them back away from my pansy ass.

I was gonna try Demon Mastermind until I logged in with my blaster and saw about a jillion of them crawling around Nova Praetoria already, so glad I didn't pick that class.

I'll post pics later.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Mr. Analog

I should try that kinetic melee too, that looks fun
By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

Sorry Mr. A.  With the tournament I couldn't get on.  But I did play a lot leading up to the weekend and should be back on this week :D.