TF2 Tonight (Friday, June 24)

Started by Mr. Analog, June 24, 2011, 08:00:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Analog

Hey all, if you didn't know the biggest update in TF2 history rolled out yesterday as well the game is now FREE for everyone.

So who wants to get online and play us some GAMES?
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

I don't think I have enough hats to compete anymore.

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Quote from: Mr. Analog on June 24, 2011, 10:24:55 AM
?? okay

It was a joke, about hats... that is the primary thing funding TF2 now. Hats do not impact game play.

Tom

<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Lazybones on June 24, 2011, 11:11:46 AM
Quote from: Mr. Analog on June 24, 2011, 10:24:55 AM
?? okay

It was a joke, about hats... that is the primary thing funding TF2 now. Hats do not impact game play.

Ahh :D okay heh

They have drop items and special craftable items that change the game a bit now. You can get stuff without having to grind by either picking them up, crafting them or buying them right from the in-game store.

Some of the weapons are pretty badass and change the classes significantly enough to make things pretty darn interesting. (I managed to pick up a soldier rocket launcher called "the black box", it shoots one less missile but you get +15 health back on every hit, including splash damage!!)

Woe be unto the player capping a point solo if a Demoman armed with the Chargin' Targ and the Eyelander happens to be around
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

I am totally out of date on the crafting system, and what new weapons do...

I might be able to get some game time in tonight.

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Lazybones on June 24, 2011, 02:09:18 PM
I am totally out of date on the crafting system, and what new weapons do...

I might be able to get some game time in tonight.

Check out the TF2 wiki for a complete run down on items / strategies / crafting recipies (that is if the site stays up, I know it was having connection issues early this morning from so many users hammering it at once).

Bottom line though even if you don't have the new toys the game is still a lot of fun, if you see me online join whatever server I'm on! :D
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

So wait, they turned TF2 into Minecraft? Except not as buggy?

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Tom on June 24, 2011, 02:36:19 PM

And you can shoot tiny baby men!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Quote from: Mr. Analog on June 24, 2011, 02:37:30 PM
Quote from: Tom on June 24, 2011, 02:36:19 PM

And you can shoot tiny baby men!
Technically you can in minecraft too ;) just no built in gun yet. Only arrows which you can use a bow with, or an auto launcher box thing.

Lazybones

So many new items and things!...

I think the iTunes 99c pricing for apps has tainted me... I am actually tempted to purchase some of the 99c items in the TF2 store... Mostly because the time it would take me to craft the items by drops is astronomical!.

Mr. Analog

Some stuff is pretty fun!

Just be careful, I think the minimum amount you can put in your Steam wallet is like $5 or something
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Quote from: Mr. Analog on June 26, 2011, 05:37:38 PM

Just be careful, I think the minimum amount you can put in your Steam wallet is like $5 or something

The set items are deceivingly priced. There will be several cheap items and one rare expensive one.

Haven't made any purchases, need to play some more.

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Lazybones on June 26, 2011, 07:46:43 PM
Quote from: Mr. Analog on June 26, 2011, 05:37:38 PM

The set items are deceivingly priced. There will be several cheap items and one rare expensive one.

Haven't made any purchases, need to play some more.

Me too :D I love that new Medic gun!
By Grabthar's Hammer