TF2 Tonight (Friday, June 24)

Started by Mr. Analog, June 24, 2011, 08:00:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Lazybones on July 04, 2011, 05:44:01 PM
Remember we have a RW chat channel... Once two of us are online we should start voice chat in there.

Agreed!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Mr. Analog

Man, last night's session was fun, though it was an odd mix of experienced players and newbies.

But it's good to know that, even now: No one expects a Scout rush :D

BONK!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Stewie521

How did you guys get the update, was it just there?

Lazybones

Quote from: Stewie521 on July 05, 2011, 01:42:18 PM

What update?

All steam games auto update...

Stewie521

Quote from: Lazybones on July 05, 2011, 02:13:01 PM

What update?

oh, I must have my head in Halo and COD where if you want an update you either pay for it or update it manually

Lazybones

Quote from: Stewie521 on July 05, 2011, 03:00:49 PM
Quote from: Lazybones on July 05, 2011, 02:13:01 PM

What update?

oh, I must have my head in Halo and COD where if you want an update you either pay for it or update it manually

Well I guess I should say all Valve games on Steam... TF2 is now free to pay er play... So if you don't have it already you can just download and start at any time with all the latest updates.

Mr. Analog

Here's the store page:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/440/

Send me a PM with your Steam id and I'll add you to the Righteous Wrath Steam Group

Ask your dad first of course lol

Also, if you are a dad and are concerned about the cartoony blood and gore you can change the settings to that you gib into piles of cakes, presents, tricycles, etc rather than bodyparts :lol:

Oh yeah, there's a training mode now (for Soldier only right now I think), pretty handy if you're new to the game.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Quote from: Mr. Analog on July 05, 2011, 03:38:42 PM
you can change the settings to that you gib into piles of cakes, presents, tricycles, etc rather than bodyparts :lol:

Which is funny and disturbing when you log into a server that has a mod to change to this mode intentionally.. I was very confused one night.

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Lazybones on July 05, 2011, 03:42:20 PM
Quote from: Mr. Analog on July 05, 2011, 03:38:42 PM
you can change the settings to that you gib into piles of cakes, presents, tricycles, etc rather than bodyparts :lol:

Which is funny and disturbing when you log into a server that has a mod to change to this mode intentionally.. I was very confused one night.

LOL, that's for sure haha
By Grabthar's Hammer

Stewie521

I have the game, Got it with the Orange Box, a great combination of games, you get like 7 games for 20 bucks, not bad. ;)

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Stewie521 on July 05, 2011, 05:04:15 PM
I have the game, Got it with the Orange Box, a great combination of games, you get like 7 games for 20 bucks, not bad. ;)

GREAT choice there man!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Stewie521

Quote from: Mr. Analog on July 05, 2011, 05:13:04 PM
GREAT choice there man!

My Dad suggested it to me. I completed Portal 5 times got stuck in Half Life 2, haven't played it much, and played TF2 for the longest time before I got Halo... And now I'm gonna try it out again tonight and see how much changed... I'll probably be stuck finding out the new features :D

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Stewie521 on July 05, 2011, 07:00:10 PM
Quote from: Mr. Analog on July 05, 2011, 05:13:04 PM
GREAT choice there man!

My Dad suggested it to me. I completed Portal 5 times got stuck in Half Life 2, haven't played it much, and played TF2 for the longest time before I got Halo... And now I'm gonna try it out again tonight and see how much changed... I'll probably be stuck finding out the new features :D

Cool, well if you want to hook up with us Lazy and I have been playing pretty frequently lately and we have our own channel for talking.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

He's got it on Xbox.  I don't think the Xbox version has the updates.  And I don't think the Xbox and PC versions mix...

Exploding into tricycles...  WHU-AT?!
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Thorin on July 05, 2011, 10:48:16 PM
He's got it on Xbox.  I don't think the Xbox version has the updates.  And I don't think the Xbox and PC versions mix...

Exploding into tricycles...  WHU-AT?!

D'OH!! Yeah, PC and XBox not compatible :(

Also PC version KICKS!

Sorry, sorry, UNICYCLES, and burgers, and chattering teeth and... http://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Category:Censored_gib_images
By Grabthar's Hammer