TF2 Tonight (Friday, June 24)

Started by Mr. Analog, June 24, 2011, 08:00:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lazybones

Mr. Analog

Exactly!

Hey, so, I DID have some money in my Steam wallet (got impatient trying to get some goodies) and so I bought some Summer Cooler keys, if anyone wants to trade :)
By Grabthar's Hammer

Mr. Analog

Oh man, Lazy, I didn't see the chat window until I logged out there was no audible note when you tried to ping me I guess.

Sorry man!!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

I've been popping in... you guys noticed?
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Melbosa on July 07, 2011, 08:18:33 AM
I've been popping in... you guys noticed?

Yeah, you're online now, grinding drops presumably :D

Tonight I'll be sure to be IN the RW channel when I log on :)

Last night was good I got 50 points one round as Engineer, people just wouldn't stop touchin' that durn thing, it was epic.

Also since teleporters get blown up all the time it loaded up my shotgun with like half a dozen crits :dance:
By Grabthar's Hammer

Mr. Analog

Okay okay okay! Last night I crafted the Loch-n-Load to see what it was like, man if you can get good with direct hitting foes with the grenade launcher you are gonna be DEADLY, it packs a wollop and can gib an unbuffed scout, sniper or spy from medium range BUT if the grenades touch anything else they just shatter.

Also, I love the Claidheamh M?r, combined with the Splendid Screen it's pretty deadly, also worth it just to take someone's head off and hear Demoman say "THERE CAN BEEEEEEEEEEE ONLY ONE!"

One item that's actually made me a better player overnight is the Buff Banner, it's an unlock achieved a week ago and holy crap now I understand why falling back to find health is so much better than going kamikaze. For those who don't play Soldier or who haven't read up on the Buff Banner, you have to earn "rage" by doing 600 points of damage to enemy targets, this isn't easy to do if you run into battle with no escape plan (basically you need to get at least 4 kills or so and/or splash damage). Once your rage meter is full though you can whip out the Buff Banner, blow the horn and everyone on your team around you gets mini-crits for TEN SECONDS, so if you need that extra something to make a point cap THIS is the tool for that job. With the Direct Hit you can easily gib a Heavy, or if he's Ubered with a medic, throw back his medic far enough that he loses the link and someone else can splash him (also follow up with another shot to finish the medic.

I was able to do this a few times last night and wow, what a difference in play!

I've also mapped my melee selection button to one of my mouse buttons, I was finding it tough to juggle my items (since primary weapon and secondary are pre-mapped to quickswitch), it makes the game a bit easier (for me anyway).

Anyways, D&D tonight but I'll be playing some TF2 tomorrow, my plans for Saturday went down the tubes so... between some artwork and whatnot I'll likely be online playin' games :)
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Wait, there's tactics and strategy in this game? :o
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Thorin on July 08, 2011, 01:39:22 PM
Wait, there's tactics and strategy in this game? :o

If you want to win, yes
By Grabthar's Hammer