Laptop with detachable screen?

Started by Thorin, August 13, 2011, 03:26:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Analog

My character sheet is loaded onto my Xoom, it would be cool if there was better tablet support for D&D, I mean I can use some of the online tools for sure but they aren't exactly designed around a tablet-y interface (maybe I do need that detachable keyboard after all).
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

iplay4e.com has a tablet-specific view of your character data.
It's free.
It has shortcuts to DDI Compendium entries, for when you need to look up specific rules on an ability.
Export your character from the character generator and import it into iplay4e.
Security goes through Google Accounts, so no new login.
And you can track current status, like hit points, surges, encounters and dailies used, etc.

They also have a phone-size-optimized view of your character, and it works great on an iPhone.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Mr. Analog

I'm pretty sure I tried that before and ran into issues, I'll try it again
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

?Non-Apple? tablet makers forced to cut prices following weak sales
http://www.bgr.com/2011/08/16/non-apple-tablet-makers-forced-to-cut-prices-following-weak-sales/
QuoteEven the success stories among tablet vendors are exhibiting less-than-stellar sell-through, with companies like ASUS, creator of the popular Eee Pad Transformer, said to have left nearly 30% of the 700,000 tablets it shipped between May and July on store shelves.

So that explains why there was such a HUGE price different between the review and the current price. They are basically giving them away trying to get in on the market. Wonder what that will do long term for support?

Mr. Analog

Well, I think the tight economy might be holding back a larger marketplace for tablet computing (which is a niche in its own right), I think we'll only see a few players in this arena by next year. I can't help but wonder if some of the patent madness that's happening in the world of mobiles right now is affecting how heavily some companies want to compete in the same field as Apple/Google(Motorola)/RIM etc

Time will tell I guess.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones