Main Menu

Pizza Nazi?

Started by Darren Dirt, October 05, 2011, 11:06:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darren Dirt

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard/article-23994637-order-pizza-or-leave-my-restaurant.do

Remember in the Seinfeld episode when Elaine's knees went weak when she had her first taste of the Soup Nazi soup? That came to mind when I read this article, especially the comment "there are few so good, as attested by the fact that people are quite happy to wait an hour for one, they are simply the best pizzas I've had and easily worth the wait".

Wowa that'sa some gooda pizza pies!

NO SALAD FOR YOU!

---

btw, wow, the SN image above came from a blog where (in the comments section) there is a surprisingly civil discussion about abortion and rights/responsibilities of the man and woman:
http://www.unequally-yoked.com/2011/09/soup-nazi-approach-to-sex.html
"Would you support the legal ability for men to get a binding agreement from a prospective sex partner that if there's a pregnancy, they will only be liable for abortion costs and not child support costs?" <-- example. And there's virtually ZERO trolling ITT, wow.

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Wait, is this a pizza thread or a discussion on a discussion on the merits of not providing for children you father thread?

Damnit, now I want donair pizza.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Melbosa

Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Mr. Analog

Screw everything else; pizza is happening somewhere
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

This thread made more sense once I read the article (the first link), which talks about a pizzeria where the owner kicked out people who didn't order pizza (well, two of them didn't but those two ordered salads and wine and the bill came out to the same amount as it would have been for two more pizzas).
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Mr. Analog

What kind of twisted person orders a salad at a pizza place?

That's like ordering a grilled cheese sandwich at Chicken For Lunch!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

Quote from: Thorin on October 05, 2011, 11:50:36 AM
Wait, is this a pizza thread or a discussion on a discussion on the merits of not providing for children you father thread?

touche ; lol sry folks, it's "simple": this pizza place in England is all like "if you're sitting in our tiny 16-seat establishment, you gotta be eating pizza", and the comments seem to justify it due to how freakin' good the pies are (hence the Soup Nazi reference) (I presume that if a group of 8 came in, and only ordered 5 pizzas, and the rest ate salad, it would be the same treatment as if they ordered 1 pizza?)

... and the confusion came from the fact that the IMAGE that Google found for me, of Larry Thomas (the actor, in character), was from a blog that shocked the hell outta me, cuz its subject was about "don't want to risk pregancy/paternity responsibility? simple 'sex nazi' rule, 'no sex for you!' -- a VERY controversial subject but its participants had such a HIGH signal:noise ratio (considering it's the interweb).

clear as mud now?

Mr. Analog

The important thing is that my hovercraft is full of eels
By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

To help clarify, click here: http://www.dack.com/web/bull@%&#.html

you're welcome,
Darren Dirt,
Forward Optimization Developer

(I develop optimizations! On a Forward basis!)

(My responsibilities include but are not limited to:
synthesize distributed paradigms
empower holistic mindshare
e-enable plug-and-play platforms
and
mesh cross-media architectures
)

Mr. Analog

From the sounds of things you can utilize, in a synergistic way, first-friend networks promoting the e-monitization of vegetarian free capital into virtualized post-Itialian-American ingredient deliverables.

Should these parameters not be met said friend networks will be allowed to free-spend their value at conveniently located vendors within rising local fresh markets, value-adding advice in new and exciting bold vocalization is provided as a subscriber bonus!

"You no order my pizza? You pay or you get outta my store!" *boot!*
By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

Quote from: Mr. Analog on October 05, 2011, 03:11:58 PM
From the sounds of things you can utilize, in a synergistic way, first-friend networks promoting the e-monitization of vegetarian free capital into virtualized post-Itialian-American ingredient deliverables.

Actually, I'm not full-blown vegetarian.

Mr. Analog

Pssh! I only eat food that casts no shadow. Murderer!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

Quote from: Mr. Analog on October 05, 2011, 04:07:17 PM
Pssh! I only eat food that casts no shadow. Murderer!
So I guess each February you might need to edit your personal menu?

on the hijacksubject of diet/nutrition (or lack thereof)
"Thanks Burger King. Like America isn?t fat enough" indeed.

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer