Previous topic - Next topic

Lazybones

Mr. Analog

Is the overviewer dead?

http://ov.mc.tomasu.org/planetbob/

I built a thing last night and wanted to see it, b'oh
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Is it the three-storey building?  Because I see that: http://ov.mc.tomasu.org/planetbob/#/-214/64/29/max/0/0

Also, interesting optical illusion:
normal:  http://ov.mc.tomasu.org/planetbob/#/-3666/64/2385/max/0/0
reverse: http://ov.mc.tomasu.org/planetbob/#/-3666/64/2385/max/0/1
It looks there's only three cobble blocks on the ground, and they're in front.  Flip to the reverse, and it looks like there's still on three cobble blocks on the ground, but now they're on the other side.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Mr. Analog

It still says web page not available
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Thorin

Quote from: Lazybones on May 10, 2014, 03:19:00 PM
Quote from: Mr. Analog on May 10, 2014, 02:37:47 PM

Check your DNS.

And if needs be, look back through this thread to see if the IP addresses I posted earlier (to put in your hosts file) help resolve it.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Thorin on May 10, 2014, 04:53:33 PM
Quote from: Lazybones on May 10, 2014, 03:19:00 PM
Quote from: Mr. Analog on May 10, 2014, 02:37:47 PM

Check your DNS.

And if needs be, look back through this thread to see if the IP addresses I posted earlier (to put in your hosts file) help resolve it.

The thing is it WAS working before then it wasn't, now it is again.

I switched DNS providers last time we talked about it WTF
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Hey, so, how often does the overviewer update for Planet Bob?  I know that Mr. A's building eventually came through, just wondering how long I have to wait until I see my newest build-in-progress...
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Tom

It's supposed to update every hour or two. fully. you may or may not need to flush your cache, but it should be rather quickly...
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Thorin

Ah geez, it updated just now.  Seven minutes after I posted.  AND IT'S THERE, HOORAY!

http://ov.mc.tomasu.org/planetbob/#/231/64/-678/max/0/0

still a work in progress, mind you
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Tom

It doesn't actually update on the hour. it re-gens the two maps in order, so the second map can be pushed later depending on how much the first map has changed. And even then, they don't actually kick off till like quarter after the hour. So expect the new map to finish regenning sometime between 20 and 40m after the hour. Just checked, its also every two hours it seems.

Mr. Analog

I'll be starting some new builds tonight I've been a bit under the weather last few days
By Grabthar's Hammer

Mr. Analog

So I built a large greenhouse tonight nothing too amazing, I started a sand mine to start getting sand, I have to set up teleporters though it's a long walk from where I am.

I also started speccing out in creative what it's going to take to build a replica of the Stanley A. Milner Library in Minecraft. The only material which is going to be a problem is Nether Quartz. I also have to do some more detailed measuring of the building to keep the size ratio looking realistic. I've also added more windows than the actual building has because doing recessed blocks didn't quite look right when I tried it.

As a test I've built about 1/5 of the building (the southeast corner which has most of the original facade.) I plan on building it as closely to the 1967 original as possible (I don't like the postmodern addition on the entrance)

Anyway, I've attached some pix of the build so far. I'll probably be diggin in the nether for a while this week haha

Here's a reference photo of the scene from 99th street NW

A Postcard from the 60s, you can see the original city hall in the background

And another:

...I'M NOT OBSESSED OKAY (lol)
By Grabthar's Hammer

Mr. Analog

Ugh, I should have posted the previous in the photos thread (whoops)

ALSO I'm still having routing issues for the overviewer, it will load once, if I reload or open a session there again it can't route to the overviewer server at all, period.

So I don't know what kind of pokery jiggery is going on but it's mighty annoying, I'm going to guess there's no A record for the overviewer map server IP?

I thought it may have been a problem on my side so I checked to see if there was a firmware update for my router (there was!) so I'm on the latest greatest and still, it will route there once and then never again.

If someone can post the IP address of the overviewer somewhere I can map it myself locally.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

ov.mc.tomasu.org: 192.241.149.34

I will see about re-doing my DNS setup, it could just be a mess up on my part, but I'm not sure.