Main Menu

April Fool 2012

Started by Mr. Analog, March 31, 2012, 12:12:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Analog

I had some fun with my followers and did some April Fools artwork

it ended up being one of my more popular things in a while =_=; so I guess I'm the April Fool lol
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Quote from: Mr. Analog on April 02, 2014, 08:48:37 AM

it ended up being one of my more popular things in a while =_=; so I guess I'm the April Fool lol
LINK!
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Tom on April 02, 2014, 10:12:45 AM

LINK!

It won't make sense out of context
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Quote from: Mr. Analog on April 02, 2014, 10:52:34 AM
Quote from: Tom on April 02, 2014, 10:12:45 AM

LINK!

It won't make sense out of context
This is the internet, where everything is made better out of context!

Darren Dirt

-no monkey, that's my wife! HAHAHAHAHA

(for example)

Quote from: Tom on April 02, 2014, 11:34:13 AM
This is the internet, where everything is made better out of context!

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Mr. Analog

Sort of like in films where a character awkwardly enters the scene at the tail end of an obviously convoluted punchline

"...so she says 'well if that's your walrus where's my lobster'? Ha ha hah! Oh hey Bill..."
By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

Quote from: Darren Dirt on April 01, 2014, 02:54:38 PM
HEY did we NOT do one for 2013?

Cuz it's 2015 already, and I could not remember if there was a reason we stopped after 2012 or something?

by the way we were all just as lazy* in 2013 as we were this year when it comes to April Fools Day pranks being listed in the forum: "Youtube is Over" seems to be the only April Fools Day 2013 threads.

This is a really weak sauce year, April Fools Day 2014 is. :(

*but Youtube is the opposite, they are forecasting the future of viral video trends! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YUbYohGMOg (for example: GGWD )

Darren Dirt

Quote from: Darren Dirt on April 01, 2014, 06:01:13 PM
Just finished watching Monday's ep of The Colbert Report.

Stephen "nailed it" for sure. Complete with 2 un-censored F-bombs.
http://thecolbertreport.cc.com/full-episodes/u4jfik/march-31--2014---biz-stone

Best summed up in one of the comments:
Spoiler

A lot of tools brought for damage control: 1. Asians, including celebrity ones 2. A clear explanation 3. The God of Twitter 4. Character counterattack. Well done, hope it's enough.

[close]

(also, simple, rational CONTEXT helps too.) long live #KingColbert

So now the main instigator -- nay, Twitter Troll -- is now claiming she did not want Colbert cancelled, instead she actually wanted the irrational over-reaction she inspired because SHE is a comedian-activist so was using satire HERSELF to get a conversation about race going within the comedy industry... I call bull@%&#. ( My interpretation is after seeing how perfectly -- and classy -- a handling of the situation Colbert responded... aka ass handed to her, she has to save face somehow. For context* check out the painful to read interview @ http://www.salon.com/2014/04/03/cancelcolbert_activist_suey_park_this_is_not_reform_this_is_revolution/ )

*ha ha (will make sense when follow the link -- apparently she thinks it's counterproductive to The Cause to bother focusing in on context -- even the context of her own actions. #epicWTF )

Thorin

Quote from: Darren Dirt on April 07, 2014, 08:11:52 PM
Quote from: Darren Dirt on April 01, 2014, 06:01:13 PM
Just finished watching Monday's ep of The Colbert Report.

Stephen "nailed it" for sure. Complete with 2 un-censored F-bombs.
http://thecolbertreport.cc.com/full-episodes/u4jfik/march-31--2014---biz-stone

Best summed up in one of the comments:
Spoiler

A lot of tools brought for damage control: 1. Asians, including celebrity ones 2. A clear explanation 3. The God of Twitter 4. Character counterattack. Well done, hope it's enough.

[close]

(also, simple, rational CONTEXT helps too.) long live #KingColbert

So now the main instigator -- nay, Twitter Troll -- is now claiming she did not want Colbert cancelled, instead she actually wanted the irrational over-reaction she inspired because SHE is a comedian-activist so was using satire HERSELF to get a conversation about race going within the comedy industry... I call bull@%&#. ( My interpretation is after seeing how perfectly -- and classy -- a handling of the situation Colbert responded... aka ass handed to her, she has to save face somehow. For context* check out the painful to read interview @ http://www.salon.com/2014/04/03/cancelcolbert_activist_suey_park_this_is_not_reform_this_is_revolution/ )

*ha ha (will make sense when follow the link -- apparently she thinks it's counterproductive to The Cause to bother focusing in on context -- even the context of her own actions. #epicWTF )

The hardest part, for me, is listening to her complain about racism and then in the very next sentence clearly delineating us vs them based on race ("woman of colour" vs "white man", "people of colour" vs "white ally industrial complex", etc).  Racism only ends when people stop considering race in any transaction.  As long as someone of any race considers race in any transaction, there is racism.  Meanwhile, those of us who truly wish to end racism look every person in the eye and ask, "What do you bring to the table?", rather than dredging up, "Oh, you're white, oh, you're yellow, oh, you're red, oh, you're black, oh, you're brown".

Interesting, too, that she admits to putting racism in her own jokes but then complains about others who are a different race than her doing the same thing - isn't that showing she's racist herself?
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Mr. Analog

This has been my problem with almost all "SJW"s they seem more interested in directing blame than solving problems
By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

Quote from: Thorin on April 07, 2014, 09:05:48 PM
The hardest part, for me, is listening to her complain about racism and then in the very next sentence clearly delineating us vs them based on race ("woman of colour" vs "white man", "people of colour" vs "white ally industrial complex", etc).  Racism only ends when people stop considering race in any transaction.  As long as someone of any race considers race in any transaction, there is racism.  Meanwhile, those of us who truly wish to end racism look every person in the eye and ask, "What do you bring to the table?", rather than dredging up, "Oh, you're white, oh, you're yellow, oh, you're red, oh, you're black, oh, you're brown".

Interesting, too, that she admits to putting racism in her own jokes but then complains about others who are a different race than her doing the same thing - isn't that showing she's racist herself?

Yeah! ...but ... but... you're forgetting about CONTEXT! (although she is fine with that, apparently)

Quote from: Mr. Analog on April 08, 2014, 07:06:22 AM
This has been my problem with almost all "SJW"s they seem more interested in directing blame than solving problems

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=sjw
imo she ain't looking for justice, she's looking for never-ending guilt-trips etc.

btw...
QuoteA Product of Ching Dowdy Dodo Industries
As a student of history and a lamenter of the tragic loss of the dodo, I find your footer text offensive.

Tom

This is how random twitter/reddit/facebook users/pages drum up a bunch of page views. Random outrage at anything. Stir the pot and see the ad views roll in.

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Darren Dirt on April 08, 2014, 10:19:03 AMhttp://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=sjw
imo she ain't looking for justice, she's looking for never-ending guilt-trips etc.

btw...
QuoteA Product of Ching Dowdy Dodo Industries
As a student of history and a lamenter of the tragic loss of the dodo, I find your footer text offensive.

Exactly, I'm on tumblr almost every day and you should see the @%&# that goes around, the sheer ignorance of some people astounds me. Circular logic, complete ignorance, zero fact checking... a tempest in a teacup.

What I'm enjoying is that the trend rose sharply around 2010 and stayed there for a while and has been receiving backlash over the last few months or so as the hypocrisy of it all begins to sink in.

The sad thing I've seen is that the kind of user susceptible to actual emotional damage from some SJW asshat populist rantings already suffer from things like low self esteem, general anxiety disorder and guilt trip themselves over things they couldn't possibly have had any impact on whatsoever. I hate to see people get so wound up over such illogical things but then again, this is human nature I suppose, human nature coupled with ignorance and emotions

I'll add a TW to all my posts from now on

#trigger warning dodo abuse
By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

Quote from: Mr. Analog on April 08, 2014, 10:47:39 AM
some SJW asshat populist rantings already suffer from things like low self esteem, general anxiety disorder and guilt trip themselves over things they couldn't possibly have had any impact on whatsoever.

;)

Quote from: Tom on April 08, 2014, 10:29:03 AM
This is how random twitter/reddit/facebook users/pages drum up a bunch of page views.
#CancelColbert !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Darren Dirt

Quote from: Darren Dirt on April 08, 2014, 02:22:03 PM
Quote from: Tom on April 08, 2014, 10:29:03 AM
This is how random twitter/reddit/facebook users/pages drum up a bunch of page views.
#CancelColbert !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote from: http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/tv/showtracker/la-et-st-stephen-colbert-replaces-letterman-20140410,0,3424423.story
Comedian Andy Daly, whose show "Review" also airs on Comedy Central, touched on the recent "cancel Colbert" controversy, touched off by Asian Americans unhappy with a Colbert joke, and simultaneously hoped to ride those coattails, "The cancel Colbert controversy worked out pretty well for him. Well I happen to despise Asians. That is the WORST race! #cancelreview."
Well played, Stephen! And I gotta say, what a perfect way of freeing yourself from a brilliant but limiting character without pissing off your fan base...