So what you up to?

Started by Melbosa, April 03, 2012, 08:21:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Melbosa

Last couple of days I've been putting up Nether Portals and exploring.

One put me high in the air above the ocean/large water body right near a tiny island.  Good thing I had enough supplies to build back up to the Portal.  It is in the South Eastern part of the known World.

Another one put me in a cave structure which I soon learned was under the water in the North Eastern part of the known world.  Quickly I realized I was also near a mine, and now that I look today, a very large mine structure by all accounts.

I also explored a bit of the Nether, got me some golden nuggets and spotted (and almost bit it) the large cube thingy there that makes all the noise.  Damn its grenades are powerful.

So what are you up to?
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Mr. Analog

One thing I really want to find in the Nether is a Nether Fortress and/or Blazes.

From a Blaze you can get a Blaze Rod and then start brewing things with a cauldron.

But otherwise I've been building my underwater city :)

I'm all out of glowstone at the moment though so any you can find and bring back is appreciated :)
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

I was working on an alternate portal just below my airship, but gave up after a few falls and loosing my flint...

Now working on rail station upgrades... Beach station is now a two button system that dispenses carts, BIOME station should be complete the next time I am online. I plan on upgrading at least the 4 primary stations... I added a small dip/piston stop at the tunnel Tom connected.

I have also been experimenting with lava and pistons in creative mode, but with the number of times I have lit my self on fire, that will stay in creative mode for now... I did however figure out how to make a lava curtain style door (with a few bugs).

Added a little detail to my cube like island house, made some updates to some rail stations. Explored the jungle and started mining under my tree house....

Mr. Analog

Who put all that rail in the nether?
By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

Thorin

My current theme: Settle the South-West.

Kind of like the way Alberta or Montana were settled.

I started with a hobbit hole down south, then built a cabin west of there and connected them with a cobblestone road.  Now I'm back at my hobbit hole, where I've set up a birch tree farm and am making preparations to build a pine tree farm.  The grid structure above the trees is actually a roof that keeps the trees from growing too large, so that I can harvest them without a stepladder.  After that, I plan on putting up another building, but that's all I'll say about that :)

My buildings will eventually all be named and will generally go along with my theme.  At some point I'll probably make a connector to the more metropolitan area near the central spawn point.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Mr. Analog

Oddly enough Lazy and I were discussing sending out a rail link your way. It would be elevated to reduce mobs.

How would you feel about an L Station in your neighbourhood linking from Beach?

I've been thinking for a while about a North/South link anyway to hook up Melbosa, Sev and Tom, the A line is nearly completed anyway, maybe we should start planning a B line?
By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

A station for us guys up North would be nice :D

Mr. Analog

Gotta find a good spot to build it now and design a convincing L Station!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Quote from: Mr. Analog on April 03, 2012, 12:54:54 PM

MinecraftStructurePlanner

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Lazybones on April 03, 2012, 12:58:34 PM
Quote from: Mr. Analog on April 03, 2012, 12:54:54 PM

MinecraftStructurePlanner

Tally ho!

By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Quote from: Mr. Analog on April 03, 2012, 01:12:20 PM

WATCH YOUR STEP!

Yeah, I've been thinking about what kind of linkup I might want in the future.  I was kinda thinking of a harbour first, but a properly built one that doesn't destroy boats as they come in.  I like the idea of an elevated train, but it doesn't really fit my current theme :)  Too bad there's mobs, otherwise I'd be lookin' for a grade-level train track (a la the old west).
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Mr. Analog

Well we could try, if there were enough torches around they may stay off the tracks.

Even an elevated line isn't impervious to spiders
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Quote from: Thorin on April 03, 2012, 01:22:36 PM
I like the idea of an elevated train, but it doesn't really fit my current theme :)  Too bad there's mobs, otherwise I'd be lookin' for a grade-level train track (a la the old west).

I think something like this would work for a ground level track (used glow stone instead of tourches due to tool limits).

Melbosa

You guys see what Lev finally did? http://mc.tomasu.org/#/-43/64/-60/-1/0/0

He has a biodome going with vines all the way down to the bottom... very kewl!