Has the frantic obsession bubble burst?

Started by Lazybones, April 17, 2012, 12:59:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lazybones

I logged in a few times yesterday evening and found no one else online, well accept Tom the last time I logged in. I think that is the first time in a long time I have logged in and not found 1 or 2 other people playing in a while.

hehehe

Mr. Analog

Interesting I had the same thoughts Sunday, I was on there probably 12 hours now that I think about it and other than LennyLen and Tom (in console mode) nobody else joined in.

Yesterday I had to go to the sleep clinic again and thought after I got home I'd play a bit (and I did design a few things in creative). I putzed around on the server for a little while (repaired a couple creeper holes and check out a few other things) but since no one else was there I logged off (as I wanted to try some SWTOR).

After being unable to play SWTOR I decided to just watch some TV and watched the latest episode of Mad Men on my PVR.

The main frustration is that I built a fair chunk of cool stuff, got into brewing, explored and marked more of the nether, built nether wart and mushroom farms, found a GIANT hourglass and after all that no one commented on the photos or logged in to take a look or anything.

Like, I put a lot of work into the brewing stuff and no one said boo, brewing is freaking amazing! I made potions of harming, instant health, regeneration, super speed, all from junk I've had lying around my various inventory boxes for ages finally has a use (like spider eyes) I want to collect even more ingredients to get stuff like resist fire and whatnot, but I was pretty burnt out yesteday.

My next big project is to build a secret vault, now that I'm understanding a bit more about how redstone works I want to build something super cool. If I can't get into SWTOR tonight I'll probably be in Minecraft searching for a decent sized mountain :D
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Quote from: Mr. Analog on April 17, 2012, 01:11:59 PM
Interesting I had the same thoughts Sunday, I was on there probably 12 hours now that I think about it and other than LennyLen and Tom (in console mode) nobody else joined in.

Yesterday I had to go to the sleep clinic again and thought after I got home I'd play a bit (and I did design a few things in creative). I putzed around on the server for a little while (repaired a couple creeper holes and check out a few other things) but since no one else was there I logged off (as I wanted to try some SWTOR).

After being unable to play SWTOR I decided to just watch some TV and watched the latest episode of Mad Men on my PVR.

The main frustration is that I built a fair chunk of cool stuff, got into brewing, explored and marked more of the nether, built nether wart and mushroom farms, found a GIANT hourglass and after all that no one commented on the photos or logged in to take a look or anything.

Like, I put a lot of work into the brewing stuff and no one said boo, brewing is freaking amazing! I made potions of harming, instant health, regeneration, super speed, all from junk I've had lying around my various inventory boxes for ages finally has a use (like spider eyes) I want to collect even more ingredients to get stuff like resist fire and whatnot, but I was pretty burnt out yesteday.

My next big project is to build a secret vault, now that I'm understanding a bit more about how redstone works I want to build something super cool. If I can't get into SWTOR tonight I'll probably be in Minecraft searching for a decent sized mountain :D

well the weather was good on the weekend so I was out all day Sunday, saw your picks and thought the hourglass was cool, also it is massive and shows up nicely on the overviewer map..

I have been playing with my own projects, spent a fair amount of time yesterday playing with flat station ideas.... Started thinking of upgrading the other 2 major underground stations, but am holding off in case I can improve on the design a little... Already made exiting easier, and some of my flat station experiments might apply to the underground stations.

Mr. Analog

That's cool!

yeah, like I say, if I can't get on SWTOR tonight I'll be in Minecraft

I really need to get a bunch of sheep so I can make some pixel art :D (only in Minecraft does that make sense lol)
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Sorry, I was doing lots of minecrafty stuff in single-player creative, to try and get my design right and to learn redstone circuitry (CRAZY STUFF).  Also, I had to do emailing for sports and get some sleep, as I was actually nodding off at the computer.

The brewing is cool, I didn't realize we could make potions and stuff.  See?  Still learning MC :)  That airlock was neat, and the hourglass I'd seen earlier - I think it's kdevil building it?  Whoever it is, they chatted with me about it a few days ago.

Maybe it's just that you're further along and I'm not up to the projects (brewing, vault, etc) that you're at yet.  But I did spend a bunch of time in Minecraft Sunday, just not in multiplayer.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Mr. Analog

Ah... well you know how it is you build something cool and you want people to check it out :)
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Oh yeah, I _totally_ get that.  Hence the flurry of activity around building a flat, themed station :)
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful